Author Topic: born in brum where are you now?  (Read 28606 times)

Coastal

Re: born in brum where are you now?
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2015, 01:16:09 AM »
Born in Birmingham in 1954, brought up firstly in Pool Farm, then moved to Druids Heath, from there I have lived in Sheldon, Northfield, Kings Heath, Alvechurch, Redditch, and back to Druids Heath, first moved to Druids in I think 1966 it was a nice place then, but as usual its not the place, its the people in it, not so nice now. (and that's why) I then moved to Worcestershire,  seven miles from Droitwich towards Tenbury Wells, couldn't go too far because I was still working in Birmingham, Now its a different story, I took early retirement and moved to Powys, Wales, about three miles outside Llandrindod Wells, a great move for my hobby, photography.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

frederick

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2015, 10:40:51 AM »
Costal,
Escape to the country    O0   I live just below Tenby now. I used to have a friend with a farm at Llanidloes in the late 70s and used to spend week ends and weeks holidays there nice area. we used to leave Brum on Friday afternoon and out to the country    O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

baz

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »
Born in Leamington, thanks to the attentions of the Luftwaffe, and taken briefly to Winson st, Winson Green before my parents found a bomb - damaged house at the Maypole.
Grew up in Sladepool Farm Rd, Maypole or Highters Heath, (never sure which) then joined the army at the age of 16.
Married a Welsh girl and after 23 years of army service, finished up living in Crewe.
After the death of my wife I eventually remarried and now live in Sandbach, Cheshire.
This is a nice place and I certainly wouldn't swap it for a move back to Brum - or any other city either !

Ourbri

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2015, 02:17:13 PM »
Born 1949 in Arthur St. Balsal Heath. Moved to Cox St. West. Bridge Garage Hopwood. Rednal Rd. West Heath. Colebrook Rd. Shirley. Stotfold Rd. by the Maypole. Two Gates Tamworth. Waterside Evesham. For the next 34 years I lived in 11 houses around the Evesham area before moving to Uffculme Devon where I met my American wife online. We are now living in Lecompte (pronounced Le count) Louisiana. I think I'm at my final place, but you never know.

brummylove

« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »
Born in Yardley in 1961, moved to druids heath at about 5 years old. Moved to Dorset in 1978, now live in devon. Beautiful place near the coast...I have very fond memories of brum while growing up...but so glad I don't live there now...the last time I visited brum was 7 years ago. It is a closed chapter in my life, its not the same anymore.... Shame.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »
Moved out of Brum in 83 to Kent,would you like to know why.My eldest daughter was 13,my twins were 10.my eldest started to want to go into the City with friends  at the weekend.At the time the Jamacans and the Pakistani youngsters started to cause trouble when they met up with the supporters of Villa & Blues came into the City after the Matches,Anyone with any sense could see what was to happen in future years plus the Drugs.So moved to dreamy Broadstairs away from all the worry.That was a good idea .
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

brummylove

« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »
I understand what you're saying. I visited 7 years ago, it was the the first time since the 80 's, I was told of the places I could no longer go as its not safe. I had my phone stolen and it was very very cold.I haven't been since or plan to.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »
Go to Brum 2times a year to Witton Cemetary and Sutton Crem for our parents and siblings graves .Go into Brum occasionally to the fish and meat MKTS  hate the rest took the heart out of the city
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

frederick

« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
I have probably mentioned this before. I am another that moved well away from Brumm a business move was the reason, to a tranquil place in 1984 and no way would I live in a big town or city now anywhere as they are mental........continuous traffic and people and no fresh air just pollution.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

RoyMcC

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »
I understand what you're saying. I visited 7 years ago, it was the the first time since the 80 's, I was told of the places I could no longer go as its not safe. I had my phone stolen and it was very very cold.I haven't been since or plan to.

Ah now, you're not blaming Brum for the weather are you?  :)

Coastal

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
As an ex Brummie now living in Wales, let me assure you that the weather here is definitely no better than Brum,
I live about 14 miles from the Elan Reservoirs that supply Birmingham with it's drinking water,
so as you can imagine, we get more than our fair share of rain 
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy