Author Topic: 2 back of 20 Vincent Street Balsall Heath  (Read 4287 times)

sandiew53

2 back of 20 Vincent Street Balsall Heath
« on: June 19, 2015, 11:58:43 AM »

Hi all,

Its a long time ago but i used to live with my mom and dad Joyce and Dennis Blizzard at the above address. I was only a little tot (i'm 61 now) but still have memories of living there. I have some photos somewhere that i must find and upload. Is there anyone else on here that used to live close by.

:)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: 2 back of 20 Vincent Street Balsall Heath
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »
Hi Sandy,

Welcome to you.

You must have lived down the back of the café just where the maisonettes started opposite the greengrocers. I lived down the road from you on the other side of the road just past where the maisonettes finished in one of the two houses that were set back off the road and had steps up to the front garden.

It was my grandparents house but I think we had moved to Nechells by the time you were born, though I did live there on and off occasionally my grandparents lived there until they demolished the street in about 1974.

Any photos I have of Vincent Street are already on the forum, if you type Balsall Heath in the search box at the top right of the page it will bring up all the posts concerning Balsall Heath which will include many places that you will remember.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Irene Betty

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:40:14 AM »
Hi Sandiew53

I used to live next door to you at 3 back of 20 Vincent Street from 1950 when I was born until around 1959.   My name was Irene Cannon.  I remember other children living there were Billy Sanders, Michael Bridges, Derek and Glynis Tongue.  I do have a few photos which can scan and post on here.

Dollydeals

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »
Hi,
Memories of my childhood are flooding back.
I was born in Tamworth Grove 1956 and lived there until I was 12 yrs of age.
I have so many happy memories and had some wonderful childhood friends.
I remember the pub on the corner near Lapworth Grove, and the little shop at the bottom of Vincent St where we bought our sweets.
Happy days :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 02:46:36 PM »
Hi Dollydeals

Welcome to the forum, I'm a little older than you born in 1947, but I would have just moved back in 1956 from Nechells to live with my grandmother for a while at number 83. Obviously I wouldn't have known you because of the age difference, but did you have any older brothers or sisters and where did you live on Tamworth Gove I have attached a map in case your memory needs refreshing.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Dollydeals

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »
My brother's were born in 1949, 1951. We lived at no 7 but I was born directly across the road before we swapped houses. My parents stayed friends with the Kemp's and other family members.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »
Sorry Dolly

I forgot to attach the map to my last post. it's old age creeping up on me.

I don't have any memory of your family living at number 7 well not that I can recall now, All I can remember are the Dinsmores that lived at number 93 Vincent St at the end of the grove, he Bagnalls who lived at 90 Vincent Street where the maisonettes started and the Breeze family who lived in the corner of the grove at number 24 I think.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Dollydeals

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
Thanks for the map. I had some very happy memories of Balsall Heath. I went to Tindal Street Infant school and then moved to Park Hill Juniors. I moved to Derbyshire in 1989 and am so happy to live in such a beautiful area. It shocks me when I go back home visiting just how much the area has changed.

Goully

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 10:14:45 PM »
I lived at 4 back of 20 Vincent Street with my mom and dad Harold and Olive and my brother Billy Sanders. My name is Lynne. I remember IreneCannon, Michael Bridges, Glenys andDerek Tongue and all of their parents.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 10:29:10 PM »
Hi Goully,

Welcome to you, what years are we talking about?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Goully

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 07:28:57 PM »
Hi Goully,

Welcome to you, what years are we talking about?
1947 to 1956

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy