Author Topic: 2 back of 20 Vincent Street Balsall Heath  (Read 4301 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: 2 back of 20 Vincent Street Balsall Heath
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
Well Goully I was born down the road from you in 1947 at my grandmothers house and my mother myself and my sister moved from there to Nechells in about 1954, but I was back living with my grandmother for a while from about 1957. I remember the cafe at the entrance to the opening where your houses were.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

TamworthinOZ

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
Hi my names Adam I’m in Oz, I moved here from 5 Tamworth Grove in Jan 75, I live there for about 5 years next door to my uncles and Grandad, Terry David and Samual Dinsmore. They had moved there in the mid 50s. There were 4 of my Aunts and at that stage uncle Terry I think. My mums name was Veronica Dinsmore. I was there when they pulled the older houses down. And then the Rose and Crown over the street. I was good mates with Robert Roulston. Who lived with Hi’ folks and his many Sisters at the pub.

I remember one day I was going to get some bread from the corner shop when I guy died at the tat yard while cutting open a ww2 incendiary device with a gas ax. He was the poor guy who used to give us money for the Window weights from the old buildings. I have to say I saw some sights in the area that wouldn’t be believed theses days

Great forum and I’ll try and dig up some old photos for the.  Collection

Cheers from sunny Oz

Adam

Nancym

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »
My auntie and uncle ran the rose & crown but sadly they passed away and we lost contact with the family (cousins ) so if anyone knew or knows the roulstons that stayed in the pub I would love to hear from them I think robert and tanya still in Birmingham

Scipio

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2020, 06:36:15 PM »
My auntie and uncle ran the rose & crown but sadly they passed away and we lost contact with the family (cousins ) so if anyone knew or knows the roulstons that stayed in the pub I would love to hear from them I think robert and tanya still in Birmingham

Nancym welcome , I hope you enjoy the forum .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy