Author Topic: Bakery/cake shop  (Read 1586 times)

Kim

Bakery/cake shop
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help, I was talking to an elderly man in his 90's and we got talking about shops on the Ladypool Road, there was one in particular that I remember from the 60's, I can't remember the name and it was on the corner of a road that I cannot remember, I can remember the shop clearly it had big fancy windows with pillar's between each pane of glass it had a big display area in the window (I think it had mirrored shelving) it had large cake stands with lots of fancy cake on, i'm not sure but it could have been a bread shop too. It's a long shot but if anyone can remember and has photo's I would be grateful  so that I can show them to the elderly Gent.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Bakery/cake shop
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
Hi Kim

Welcome to the forum, from the description you give I can only think of Trippas Bakery shop that was on the corner of St Pauls Rd which at one time would have had all the trimmings that you describe these photo were at the end of those times but they still produced wonderful cakes and bread and you would often see queues waiting to be served.

By the way Kim I moved your post here to "Old Birmingham" as I thought it more suited.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy