Author Topic: Gangsters BBC Series  (Read 2881 times)

Tony Murray

Gangsters BBC Series
« on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:57 AM »
Hi

I am working with Philip Martin, the writer of Gangsters, on a project to mark the 40th anniversary of the first series.

If anyone has any memories/photos of the series - either the filming or just as a viewer - I would love to hear from you. The plan is to produce a book about the making of the series and, hopefully, organise a commemorative screening in Birmingham next year.

There is  dedicated page on Facebook - Philip Martin's Gangsters or you can email me or leave a message here.
Cheers

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Gangsters BBC Series
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:09:11 AM »
Hi Tony

There are plenty of clips on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT-uKkAQ3EY
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Steve

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 12:22:51 PM »
I'd like to watch the original series again. Look forward to a new series too O0
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:27:22 PM »
I knew the chap that played the Comedian in the night club scenes Rolf Day he was a full time comedian and he was a member of a private club that I used in the 70's. He organised a Stag night for members of the club, some market lads, and some police officers at The Victoria in town, we had a great night.

In the seventies he must have been in his 50's so I suppose he has long gone now.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Snooks

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »
Hi,

One of my friends is Liz Cassidy who was in Gangsters - she now lives in North Devon.

Don't know if that's any help or not?

Onwards and upwards!

iansdavies

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 02:06:38 PM »
hello i was watching about 10 minutes of gangsters on youtube and i thought id loved to have starred in that, what an iconic programme if it was to return id love to be in it .

danzie

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 09:19:57 PM »
Hi all, I wasn't born when Gangsters aired on the BBC, I am however a big fan of 1970's and 80's TV series.

I first heard of Gangsters via Amazon after purchasing and watching 'Out' by Trevor Preston of Sweeney fame, and Amazon suggested I bought Gangsters on DVD, which I did, this was about 8 years ago, loved it ever since, brilliant series, and I'm glad I bought the DVD set when I did as they fetch a pretty penny these days.

Funny somebody else above mentioned Elizabeth Cassidy, I live in North Devon and I know her sons, I first realised Anne Darracott was portrayed by their mum when I found out that their dad was in one of my favourite Doctor Who stories, and also directed House of Cards.

Anyway, I have always joined fan groups for the 70's and 80's TV series that I am in to, as I could never find one for Gangsters, so I created one last week, just thought I would post it up on here for anybody who is interested to join if they wanted to.

If you search on Facebook, the group is called: Gangsters - BBC TV Series 1975-78

Thanks.

astoness

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 12:27:57 AM »
thanks danzie i will pass it onto a mate of mine who also has the box set and is a great fan  O0

lyn

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy