Author Topic: Yardley wood school  (Read 11640 times)

baz

Re: Yardley wood school
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »
This is the 1955 listing from Kelly's Trade Directory, the same year as the photo.

85 Dodds Albt. greengro
87 Colling A. J. fried fish dlr
89 Eyre Ernest A. butcher
91 Horton Arth. E. S. newsagent
93 Phazey H. T. Ltd.chemists
95 Whetton Victor L. grocer
95 YARDLEY WOOD SUBPOST & M. 0. Office

I've only just noticed this.
When I was in Wheelers Lane School there was a kid called Billy Eyre, in the year above me, who was going to work in his Dad's butchers shop when he left school. I wonder if Ernest was his Dad?

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
Sorry Baz,

Other than the information from the directory I have no other knowledge of these shops, perhaps somebody who lived local might be able to give you an answer.
Make Love Not War

baz

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »
Thanks.

Des Gardner

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2019, 07:37:25 AM »
When forums stop like this quite often people run out of memories (its an age thing) I just wish you could get some decent pictures on here just one class photo would be worth more than words, I just wish it would be easier than it is to post pictures on here, there has to be quite a few pictures out there I have one taken in 1958 the only that mum ever bought..

Keith c mace.

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »
G'day  Des,  Yes that would be great...I have no school class photographs...One contributer to this site said that he had some which he would post...but nowt yet sadly....KC.

Spud

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2019, 09:31:42 AM »
When forums stop like this quite often people run out of memories (its an age thing) I just wish you could get some decent pictures on here just one class photo would be worth more than words, I just wish it would be easier than it is to post pictures on here, there has to be quite a few pictures out there I have one taken in 1958 the only that mum ever bought..

If you are having problems Loading Photos to this Forum go to the Home Page and The main Board and click on Birmingham Photos and  Video there you will find instructions on Loading Photos
I am sure you will find there are many old Photos  already on this site. Our friend Phil has a wealth of photos at his disposal I am sure he would be only too pleased to help out if you have a particular interest. He should be back on line in a couple days he is on holiday at the moment.
We have been going as a Forum for a few years and have a number of Old members as well as new ones joining regularly so there always new 'New Old Photos' cropping up
The Only Free Cheese is in  The Trap