Author Topic: Yardley wood school  (Read 21786 times)

Keith c mace.

Re: Yardley wood school
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 09:22:45 AM »
Hi John,I recall that your dad was injured in Korea--Is that correct? I remember John Currier too....Any contact with other classmates?....I had blonde hair(Now grey)and the shortest kid in the class...Nowt changed there...Served in the Royal Signals for a while..Ran my own business for 27 years until a skydive went wrong and forced retirement on me-which I hate--Diane(wife)likes it though...Thank you for the reply...KC.   p.s.  John Currier was always called"J.C." he lived in Daimler road...Victor Roach live in Riley Road--Number 56...I've heard that he's now in a care home....KC.

maribar

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »
Well Yardley Wood School  Remember it well Class 3A the man Dickie Owen all boys (Grramham Penrose, Peter Cartwright, Keith Griffin, Robert Seager, David Brooke's, Michael Martin Vicker Roche John Currier, just a few I remember teachers Mr Pratt 3B Spikey Waine music Mr bond metal work Mr Chitty art. In the 5th year Mr Garret, the girls Shirley Lewis, Ann Douglas, Rita Blore, Sylvia Jone, Robert Mantel, head boy,, Rob Mactait, John Dark, Roy Thirsfeild, sadly no longer with us, Phillip Jones I'm still in touch with a few, I'm still in touch with Marion Law she is in Spain and Rita Blore is in Australia, may be in brum in March to see Marion by the way anyone remember Michael Hook that's her husband, I live in Ramsgate kent but still own property in London where I lived for 30 years I hope what I've put on this site jogs your memories God Bless you all John Kettle

maribar

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 12:31:25 PM »
Hi , great to see a few names I recall from Yardley Wood school, my name is Barry (Basher) Reynolds, lived in the Centreway, what a great time I had at school, last teacher I had was Mr Garrett, great teacher!! I married Marilyn Brown and we were married 51 years until she passed away in 2012. Mates of mine, Willy (Brian) Williams, Dave Howes, John Richardson, Roy Stait, Mickey Taylor, John Coates, Alan Greenwood, would love to hear from anyone from school days,

Keith c mace.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »
Ha ha--"Basher Reynolds---There's a name I recognise...Great to see you posting Barry...I live in Stourbridge now(since 1966)....Roy Staite was always with John Hunt---Are you in contact with any others from our year?KC.

maribar

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »
Hi Keith, remember you well, I am still in touch with Dave Howes, I live in Canary Islands now, after living in Australia back in the 60,s, came back to Uk til 88, emigrated to Canada for 22 years and retirement, go back every year to Canada being a citizen, loved our time there. Great to have so many fond memories of Yardley Wood, poor but happy I always say. Basher.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
I enlisted in the Army in'62..Came out '66,married Diane in Kings Norton...moved to Stourbridge same year...Ran a business till six years ago when a skydive went VERY wrong--So had to retire....Been to Oz a couple of times including this year--What a great place eh?  Did you know Roy Staite's name was Cecil(orCyril)....I remember David Howes too....Thanks for responding...KC.

john kettle

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
Just found a photo of 3A putting names to faces is hard but do these ring a bell Jimmy Marsh, Frank Halford, John Garland, Leslie Smith, to name a few, I'm doing a building project and have my PC and printer off line but when we are finished? I will load the photos I have onto this site, Alan Greenwood I remember well his Mom was so nice, was there a frank ashford. All the best John

Keith c mace.

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »
I can actually remember John Garland on his first day at school---Alan Greenwood lived near my cousin(John Taylor at 48 Moorside road)..Looking forward to seeing the photograph...KC.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »
C'mon John--I'm looking forward to seeing the photograph....KC.

maribar

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
Hope to see a few more names from the past,always thought that we grew up in a great area, lots of stuff to do with all the fields, the cut, aquaducts, shops nearby, good mates, loved it. Basher.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

Yes we were lucky to live in Yardley Wood..Great to have miles of open countryside to roam over---And get into trouble too-----Scrumping,collecting birds eggs and staying out all hours too. Do you have family Barry?--With you or in the U.K?...KC.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy