Author Topic: Yardley wood school  (Read 21787 times)

Keith c mace.

Re: Yardley wood school
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
Eric Sadler,Phew,That's around sixty old schoolmates recalled---Time for a lie down methinks!..KC.

Keith c mace.

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
......And Harry Shufflebottom.(How could I forget a name like that)?

Keith c mace.

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »
 After much head scratching another schoolmates name--Clive Wadsworth...KC.

Knightyp

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
Just remembering a few fellow pupils at Yardley Wood school, infants juniors and secondary, Malcom Menece, Susan Underwood Jacqualine Jones, Susan Bates,Valerie Bailey, Colin Hanlon( Miss Hands) nick named him "Foghorn" Peter Williams, Robin State, Timothy Stead, Melody Law, Ann Morgan, Antony Wright(lefty), Christopher Booten, Christopher Grenfell, Lynne Selby, Lily Potter, the Turton Twins, David Jones, Jonathan Nash, Maureen Dowling,bPaul Dawes, Linda Fryer, Jacquie Rose, Bonnie Hatfield, Barbara Mitton, Patrick McDaid, Elaine Oneil, Kevin Walker. Happy days at Yardley Wood...
Pauline Ainsworth

SMB

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2017, 12:03:31 AM »
 8) Remembering more pupils from Yardley Wood Secondary School, Shirley Taylor, Agnes Skinner, the Turvey Twins, Steven Connor, Ann Smith, Valerie Bailey, Colin Hanlon, Susan Dawson, Pauline Ainsworth, Steven Checkley, John Nash.

Pauline

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2017, 10:52:37 PM »
I remember Marian Law and her brother Dougie also the parents. Their father was Alan Law of the TGWU and he used to breed budgerigars at their home in Pendeen Road.
Ha ha happy memories.  Furthermore does anyone remember Aylings shop which is or should I say was on the corner of now Patricia Avenue in School Road.  We lived at 219 School Road Next to the Blore family and I used to sing in the Y.W. Church Choir and eventually started playing the organ there.  Went to the school and Mr Garrett was the head and Miss Farrer was head of the girls until they amalgamated.  Horrible "Dickie" Owen was my teacher, a nasty piece of work also "Spikey" Waine who was a great guy. We hit it off because of my musical attributes. I live mainly in Thailand now where I have a villa, but have property in Lancashire. Left Brum in 1979 but returned to Y.W. Church to try out the new organ a few months ago.

Pauline

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
Hi Peter Cartwright - do you remember me - Pauline Halford?  We were in the same shorthand classes at Yardley Wood

Knightyp

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 11:08:46 AM »
I was formally Pauline Ainsworth of School Road Yardley Wood my siblings were Valerie(RIP), Tony, Alan, Stephen, Linda Wayne and Christopher. I left Birmingham 42 years ago, but have happy memories of Yardley Wood School my favourite teacher was Mr Breeze at Yardley Wood Junior School.

Knightyp

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »
Just remembering a few fellow pupils at Yardley Wood school, infants juniors and secondary, Malcom Menece, Susan Underwood Jacqualine Jones, Susan Bates,Valerie Bailey, Colin Hanlon( Miss Hands) nick named him "Foghorn" Peter Williams, Robin State, Timothy Stead, Melody Law, Ann Morgan, Antony Wright(lefty), Christopher Booten, Christopher Grenfell, Lynne Selby, Lily Potter, the Turvey Twins, David Jones, Jonathan Nash, Maureen Dowling,bPaul Dawes, Linda Fryer, Jacquie Rose, Bonnie Hatfield, Barbara Mitton, Patrick McDaid, Elaine Oneil, Kevin Walker. Happy days at Yardley Wood...
Pauline Ainsworth

Keith c mace.

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Eric Sadler,Phew,That's around sixty old schoolmates recalled---Time for a lie down methinks!..KC.
  A mistake there-on my part because Eric Sadler was an old army pal!...KC.

SMB

Re: Yardley wood
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:45 PM »

Do you remember Ravenshill Road - I used to help the owner of the newsagent 'Hands Newsagents' on Sundays.  Happy days we would take payments for paper bills, sweets, fishing nets, snuff and cigarettes - all calculated in our heads - good old currency pounds/shillings and pennies! Mrs Smith a lovely lady I worked with.

Mrs Smith unfortunately contracted Parkinsons decease, but such a lovely lady who made the effort of going to Yardley Wood Church to see me arrive on the day of our wedding in 1976 - a hot day the 'drought of '76'.  The organ nearly blew up due to the heat, the vicar was very concerned.

We would go fishing as youngsters in our wellies in Trittiford Park.  Horse riding at Mays Stables, where you would get a free ride if you accompanied the horses to get them re-shoed.

Susan M. Bates

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy