Author Topic: Treaford Lane Clinic  (Read 6676 times)

josylvia

Treaford Lane Clinic
« on: August 25, 2015, 06:56:50 PM »
Does anyone have any old pictures of Treaford Lane Clinic ?. I am aware of the history behind the clinic but cannot find any old photos of the frontage or inside. I do have some of the rear although not very obvious that it is the clinic, I only know because  they have family pictured with the clinic in the background. Thank you. :)
I sit on the fence with a glass half full trying to be diplomatic

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Treaford Lane Clinic
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:52:06 PM »
Josylvia

I doubt that the building in question is more than 50 years old I can tell you it was built on the site of the moated Trayford Hall and that housing was built on Treaford Lane in 1913 the clinic looks younger than that looking at the maps I'd say the health centre was built between 1936 and 1950.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

josylvia

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
Josylvia

I doubt that the building in question is more than 50 years old I can tell you it was built on the site of the moated Trayford Hall and that housing was built on Treaford Lane in 1913 the clinic looks younger than that looking at the maps I'd say the health centre was built between 1936 and 1950.
Thank you Phil. My Grandmother used to live next door to it in the mid 40s just in to the 50s.As I said I have photos of my Grandmother in her garden at the back next door along with her pet pig and some of my uncles, aunts my mother and father. :) Ps to the left of the picture you have put on is the house my grandmother lived in.
I sit on the fence with a glass half full trying to be diplomatic

Imran

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
Hi

I currently live on treaford lane, next to the clinic - any picture of the house' history would be great.

Many Thanks
Imran

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 10:52:13 AM »
Hi Imran

Welcome to you, sorry the only other photo I have of Treaford Lane is this one.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Imran

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 11:23:17 AM »
Many thanks for this Phil,

Call out for any other pictures of the other side in particular the old vicars house at one end or the coach house at the other end.

Really interesting stuff.

Imran

kimmy

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »
hi Josylvia and inram,  i used to live next door to the clinic, no 83 from 1969 to 1978, my parents put in the lampost, i have some photos, will try and find them and post on here [/size]

Imran

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 06:16:23 AM »
Hi Kimmy,

That is awesome. I currently live there and any pictures and history on the property and area would be great.

I recently refurbished the old lamp which had 'Donville of Birmingham' stamped on it.

Thank you in advance kimmy.

Imran

kimmy

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
hi inram,
i dont really have any history on the house apart from it was the vicars house, not sure if the layout inside has changed but when we were there as you entered the hallway, there was a lounge to the left, (see pic with my mother in) then to the right there was another lounge, my father had it as an old world room as he was an antique dealer and had lots of antiques in there, it was like going back in time! at the back of that room was the kitchen which led onto the garden. i remember there was a little cupboard at the end of the hallway, we used it as storage for vac, coats and shoes. Up the stairs and there were 4 bedrooms and a bathroom to the rear, my bedroom was the little one directly at the top of the stairs, my brother had the other large bedroom which i thought was unfair lol. it seems so strange to be in contact with the person who now lives in the house that i grew up in,how weird lol. i have a few more photos in the loft, will try and find them when i have some time, i hope you are as happy living there as i was  :)

kimmy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »
trying to post photos and it keeps saying file is too large  :(

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »
Kimmy

The file upload limit on this forum is very small, at 80kb per individual upload and a total 192kb per upload. You might find it better using this method.

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4681.msg137371#msg137371
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy