Author Topic: oaklands nursery droitwich  (Read 3907 times)

ltd543

oaklands nursery droitwich
« on: September 13, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »
Hi,

I was in the oacklands nursery in droitwich
Around 1973 and loved it there,but im trying to find old photos of the place but without luck so far,its been nocked down now thats why we had to leave and placed in bicknell croft childrens home druids heath:so any photos out there would realy make my day ,so please help if you can,
Al

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: oaklands nursery droitwich
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 03:23:05 PM »
Hi Al.

Welcome to the forum, here are the two photos you are looking for (I think). I am assuming that you mean Druids Heath Aldridge and not the Druids Heath at the Maypole, I think the home at Droitwich Spa is pretty well straightforward. In was interested to read that the home at Druids Heath was originally built by the RAOB (Buffaloes)
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ltd543

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
Hi phil
No we was moved to the one in  maypole,and there is a postcard of the oaklands out there,il find it one day,it shoqs the whole front building and garden
Al

James-Paul Orr-Easdon

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »
how do I change my username on here as I didn't want my full name shown

James-Paul Orr-Easdon

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »
I was there in the 1960's . then moved to Middleton Hall Rd. then to Oakhill House, then to Little Dean Erdington. then to a Young working mens hostel church rd moseley

scarlett13uk

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 02:57:01 PM »
Hi I was in Oakland’s Children’s home between 1958-1960 I’d be interested in any information about it or any pics
Regards
Margaret

Paul Aston

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »
Hi,
I was in Oaklands from 1956 to 1963. I have lots of photos of some of the children there. I was adopted but many years later, searching for my mum, a gentleman got in touch and gave me a photo album belonging to his late wife who worked there. I'm in it and so are lots of others.  Even Matron Jutton. 

scarlett13uk

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 01:54:20 AM »
Hi Paul
That’s brilliant I would love to see the pics and also I’d like to see if I’m in any of them.
I was adopted by a lovely family in Birmingham.
The only thing I remember is there was a big staircase where we queued at night for our medicine also I shared a bedroom with a girl called Susan.
Could you please send me pics of the album on here as an attachment on here as I’m not allowed to send you my email address.
My mobile number is 07707 701377
I have searched for my birth parents and have found out all about them
Regards
Margaret x

Paul Aston

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 04:56:12 PM »
Hi Margaret,

So lovely to hear from you. Just got in from work.  I've had a quick look and can't see your name on the back of some of them or Susan's yet. June Smith was the Nurse who took them and wrote names on the back. There are names such as:
Denis Thrupp
Elizabeth Channing
Rosemary
David
Matron J Jutton from 1958
Martin
Christopher
Most pics are from 1958 to 1960

I have a picture of Oaklands just before it was demolished, and one of the Laundry room.

I remember Matron's office!  I also met two former nurses from there several years ago during a documentary.
I found my birth parents through dna searches finally.  I had spend 48 years searching via media.
I'll send a text to you with my email and number.

I'll add a few pictures here if I can reduce the size.There is one with no information on the back, you might be in that one.

Paul x

Paul Aston

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 05:44:32 PM »
Btw, I started in room 2 and ended up in room 6 with 6 other children. I remember the staircase, the kitchen. Dina one of the ladies in the kitchen. The gardens, the toys outside in the shed. People coming to take the children out. Some of us would stare out of the upstairs windows to see who was coming to take any of us out.

Paul Aston

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
Okay, Oaklands Childrens Home Droitwich before demolition.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy