Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 7024 times)

townie

Birmingham
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
Have a guess where I got this from? Answer  Birmingham Forum - Your forum for all things Birmingham.

I have noticed that most topics are becoming nothing to do with Birmingham. A lot are games which I didn't sign up to, if you want to play games get on a game site. Why can't we get back onto Birmingham.   

Before anyone says, yes I have indulged in these games only because I had nothing else to do.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »
So you didn't know we played games on this site when you joined or that it wasn't restricted to comments on Birmingham alone. If I were that dissatisfied with a forum I would be looking for another forum. I think the majority on here like it as it is.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Spud

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »
I think that we have a pretty fair balance on The Forum. I like the games and the bits of banter between Answers. I think that the games on the whole tend to be taken as a bit of fun. And whilst I am not by any means against the more serious subjects lets be honest occasionally we [and note I say we] do get a little out of hand. After all I don't believe that any of us really believe that we are going to change the world. A little disagreement is good for discussion and providing it does not become personal there is not a problem.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »
Spud

My point is that the forum has developed over the years the way the members have wanted it to. At the moment we have as many members that play on the game thread as don't. I'm not a great fan of the games on here myself, though if a game interests me enough then I will play it.

As the games thread does not interfere or interface with the other threads and boards on the forum it makes little difference to the rest of the forum.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »
Spud
               agree or disagree that's no problem its how you do it that's what phil and I look for
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
So what was wrong with my opening post. Your forum for all things Birmingham.

Spud

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 01:04:28 PM »
Roy Phil
I am not disagreeing with your comments in fact I believe that we three are all on the same wave length
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 01:19:41 PM »
So what was wrong with my opening post. Your forum for all things Birmingham.

Though it has nothing to do with the thread, I will answer your question the answer is nothing is wrong with your first post.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »
Can we get back to discussing Brum as I've being quite disappointed of late with this forum. I fully understand I'm free to leave at any time but choose not to, in the hope we can get back to what this forum is all about "the town of Birmingham"! In my opinion I believe the games are a distraction from the topics we enjoy reminiscing about, therefore believe they should not be on here, as I said earlier there are many other forums for those who enjoy playing games.

townie

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
This is what I call a Birmingham forum, post like this acocks green and every other suburbs (Old Birmingham) Nechells, Vauxhall, Duddeston & Saltley, 40's, 50's & 60's.

planetmalc

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »
I have noticed that most topics are becoming nothing to do with Birmingham. A lot are games which I didn't sign up to, if you want to play games get on a game site. Why can't we get back onto Birmingham.   

You're taking it all far too seriously, Townie; the forum's supposed to be entertainment that might just turn up something worth knowing once in a while. O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy