Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114479 times)

frederick

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
I serppose if the business move to Pembrokeshire I made had not been, I would probable still be living very close to Birmingham.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2017, 11:50:36 PM »
Worked for the PO in parcels in town centre most boring job I hve ever had,went on at 2Oclock till 10 o'clock they would come round at 8-30 and ask if you wanted overtime,you had to work a shift till 6 oo the next morning and be back for 2-0clock for you next shift,they would then ask if you wanted overtime the next day if you refused you would not get anymore overtime,I have know the Pakistanis nd indians work the 5 shifts ,week in week out. I got fed up with it and moved to Kent to get away from it.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

countrylad

« Reply #365 on: November 12, 2017, 11:32:58 PM »
hi countrylad
                          there are some folk in this world who can not bond with any one not even with a wife or husband  or girl friend girls dump them soon after meeting them when they find out what they are like they become desperate to make friends so much so they become over the top and in there eyes its always some one else fault   never them and they are never wrong and they get a chip on there shoulder had big has there head some turn to drugs some turn to drink and some turn to the streets and live life on the edge
we are all different we all live the life that we can and we do the best we can with what we have

my self from when I first went to school I had to fight my way I would stand up for my self and took what come my way and give it back the best I could  it was called the school of hard knocks but it set me on a course  mom and me moved around  different schools for a time  I just got on with it when I went that is  and in the end I come out ok  so I'm told  I ask no one for any thing what I have not got I go with out

so to you countrylad you have done ok you have made your life and you live it to how you made it  O0
But you know, with out Brum, I am not sure I would be where I am today. Brum gave me the means to up sticks, but without Brum there would be no comparison to another life.

GardenGerald

« Reply #366 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
Hello County Lad
I fully understand what you mean. I would have not left Water Orton if we had not been harased to get out
so that a new road  and more house could be built but the project never started but very recently someone has tried to revive it.
Having made the move I have no regrets.
Living in the Birmingham area gave me a great start in life that I have been able to build on in Wales.
The bad news for Wales of course is that now I am older I cost the Welsh NHS more money.
Every day is worth living so look forward to tomorrow.
Gerald.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #367 on: November 13, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »
My wife was bought up iin Hockley so was her mother and G mother boyhood of them lived to be 94 ,my wife thinks she's going to die tomorrow ,worries about it all the time .No matter how many times I tell her not to be silly .Shes 74 .I keep telling her she's still got 20 years to go.

GardenGerald

« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2017, 05:44:31 PM »
Edmund
You wife is not out of nappies yet.
Send her to my boot camp, she will come back to you a new women.
I was talking to one of my neighbours a few weeks ago about the Queens telegram.
He replied, [censored] the telegram lets have a bottle of wine.
You know the routine Edmund, tummy in and chest out. Make the rest up as you
go along.
Gerald.

Malcolmc

« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2018, 01:50:25 PM »
I was born in Pype Hayes, it was brilliant living there next to the park, then we moved to Pitts Farm, also nice to live there. Now living in Northfield.

Scipio

« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2018, 09:49:20 PM »
I was born in Birmingham , I never experienced any trouble whatsoever apart from the fact of two sets of obnoxious neighbours , I left Gt Barr last September . By the time I left I was sick and tired of the boy racers , the noise , the general decline of respect in people . As A nipper I used to live in William St just off Broad St , I loved those days as a kid and as I was growing up, but unfortunately it seems to have gone right down the tubes in my book . I live in a little village now surrounded by fields full of crops , it's quiet, it's ideal, would I move back, alas my Bonnie Birmingham I have to say no , as much as I loved you in years gone by,  as a lover would love his partner
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2018, 10:42:48 PM »

most of my child hood was spent in b/heath late 1940s till mid to late 1950s looking back I think it was a good place to grow up
at the time we could go out and not lock the door none of us had any thing to nick you could all ways go next door for a cup of sugar  we had hand me downs school dinners free milk at school a day out was to the lickey or cannonhill park none of us kids had been to the sea side no one had a tv at the time posh lady up the road had a tv she was the first all the house was two up two down back to back no drugs no knife gangs  us kids would have a fight now and then but  we was safe could play out in the street some time back I went to the street that I lived in what was left of it could I live there no not even for free I just did not like what I was seeing I should never have gone back I stopped by the back end of cathorpe park had a look at the river rea and remember doing the same when I was a kid then come away could not wait to get home I loved you Birmingham but your not the girl I loved any more
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #372 on: September 15, 2018, 11:21:50 PM »
Lived in Brum from 39 till 66 moved to Lichfield till 73 back to Brum till 84 ,changed so much.Decided to move to Kent.What a difference in Lifestyle.No hassle just relaxed atmosphere.Lived here since will come to Brum for the very last time on Oct 18.No more family there.

astoness

« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »
most of my child hood was spent in b/heath late 1940s till mid to late 1950s looking back I think it was a good place to grow up
at the time we could go out and not lock the door none of us had any thing to nick you could all ways go next door for a cup of sugar  we had hand me downs school dinners free milk at school a day out was to the lickey or cannonhill park none of us kids had been to the sea side no one had a tv at the time posh lady up the road had a tv she was the first all the house was two up two down back to back no drugs no knife gangs  us kids would have a fight now and then but  we was safe could play out in the street some time back I went to the street that I lived in what was left of it could I live there no not even for free I just did not like what I was seeing I should never have gone back I stopped by the back end of cathorpe park had a look at the river rea and remember doing the same when I was a kid then come away could not wait to get home I loved you Birmingham but your not the girl I loved any more

roy i wont start going on about what i sadly think of birmingham now but i echo your sentiments...spot on

lyn

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy