Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114477 times)

frederick

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »
For me, no big towns or cities as they are mental. I do have to visit them sometimes.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

jackie nokes

« Reply #375 on: October 18, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
I was born in Ladywood 1951 we moved to Erdington around 1955 loved Erdington then wonderful place with my loving mom dad and siblings not now tho vile place full of beggers and people from other countrys i now reside in Edgbaston that's as bad ...

Scipio

« Reply #376 on: October 18, 2018, 03:03:34 PM »
I was born in Ladywood 1951 we moved to Erdington around 1955 loved Erdington then wonderful place with my loving mom dad and siblings not now tho vile place full of beggers and people from other countrys i now reside in Edgbaston that's as bad ...

Hello Jackie welcome what part of Ladywood did you live in , I lived just off Broad St 1955-69
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

jackie nokes

« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
 Friston street I think I remember we lived in a yard full of houses although we left their when I was very young and moved to alleyne road Erdington

our own toilet instead of the one in the yard we thought we were really posh  ...

Regards

Jackie...

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »

hi jackle
                if you do not mind me asking what school did you go to in Erdington   ho yes forgot to say welcome to the forum roy  your name seems to ring a bell
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

jackie nokes

« Reply #379 on: October 19, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
I went to Erdington hall junior and infant then to Moor End seniors

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #380 on: October 19, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »

hi Jackie
                 I was in the cottage homes for a shot time when my mom was took  ill  and I went to the abby its just the name rang a bell  thanks
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

jackie nokes

« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2018, 03:02:54 PM »
I had some friends Joan and Christine McCarthy think they went to the Abbey..

CombFilter

« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2018, 09:42:37 PM »
Born in Marston Green 1952.  Lived near Lea Hall station from 1954 to 1958.  Hockley from 1958 to 1967.  Bromford Bridge from 1968 to 1977.  Tamworth from 1977 to 1985.  Been in Scotland ever since.  I would love to go back to Birmingham.  You don'y appreciate a place until you have left it.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »
ComdFilter,welcome to the forum.I lived in Kitts Green from 49 went to Ridpool Road school and Lea Village school.Moved out of Brum in 84 but can't say I've missed it environment  wise.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Old South Yardley76

« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »
Hi everyone  :)

Im brummie born and bred and oh so proud! Born at home (Caldwell Rd/Saltley) moved from there when i was five years old to 159 Sheldon Heath Rd. Me and my dad planted the conifer in the front garden which i believe is still there:) Attended Blakenhale infant and junior school. Then moved to Partridge Rd/Yardley. Before they built Fairlawns close at the back. The Ridgemere social club was the back of our house. A small carpark was shared access for the club and the roads garages located at the back. But unless you know the social club specifically you wouldnt even know it was there. Had 8 great years at Partridge Rd but moved out of my parents house and just around the corner to Averill Rd, off Sedgemere Rd. The Dovecote pub wasnt my local (hated the place) the Chestnut Tree was my fav local. Alas, both are gone now....

Moved on to Moat Lane/Yardley. Nice house. Then Preston Rd/Yardley. Then Boyne Rd/Sheldon. Probs my fav house (actually its a bungalow) And finally im now residing in a quiet pleasant little close in Chelmsley wood. Im a huge aircraft geek. Especially ww2 aircraft and so proud of our vital history, ie: the 20,000 + Spitfires built at Castle Brom. As well as many sub factories and businesses making parts etc....

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and welcome to chat/write.

Sincerely Michael

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy