Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114482 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
As we have over 6000 registered members on this site, I'm glad to hear they have all made a post to this thread but I can count only 8 members replies I would imagine that some of our members have replied to this sort of thread before,  I know I have and there is nothing more I can add to my previous answers.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Akatarawa

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 11:46:45 PM »
 :) If all 6000 members replied wouldn't this thread get rather long?  :)

"Was you born or brought up in Birmingham, do you still reside there and if not would you ever return?"

So, to keep it short................yes, no.  O0

townie

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:37 AM »
As we have over 6000 registered members on this site, I'm glad to hear they have all made a post to this thread but I can count only 8 members replies I would imagine that some of our members have replied to this sort of thread before,  I know I have and there is nothing more I can add to my previous answers.

So what your saying is threads that have been posted in the past should not be brought up again because members have already replied. What about all the new members who may have not have seen the thread before. By the way can you point me in the right direction as to where and when this kind of thread was last posted. And another thing have 6000 members ever posted to one thread?
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 08:58:40 AM »
No I am not saying that past threads should not be repeated, what I am saying is there are more than two members who have not replied to this thread. The same as there are many threads on this forum that nobody has replied to. I also pointed out the fact that perhaps some people having posting all the information asked for on the forum before might not feel like doing so again.

Townie the right direction for finding this information is "try looking on the forum" it's there somewhere and I'm sure I'm not wasting my time looking for it. As the same as you I have no quick method of finding it except via the search box.

Akatawara, try looking on the Loveday Street thread.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cocacolakid

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
No I am not saying that past threads should not be repeated, what I am saying is there are more than two members who have not replied to this thread.

As one that had not yet replied to this topic,  I have to say that I would not wish to return to live in Birmingham. Most of Brum that I knew and loved, is no longer standing, due to all the  redevelopment, it is a different city now. I now live near Worcester, with countryside all around. If I move again before my time is up, it would be to somewhere near the west coast.

Malc.

Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

townie

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
No Phill don't waste your time looking for it. Time is precious and we all have busy lives.

Good post Malc.   
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

planetmalc

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 05:33:39 PM »
And another thing have 6000 members ever posted to one thread?

It would take something truly monumental   -   The Second Coming, for instance   -    to generate that number of posts; interestingly though, the UKIP Megathread is only around 500 posts short of that magic 6000 figure...........
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

4orchard

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
I was born in Birmingham and lived in cato st north for the first 19 years before joining the RAF .I now live in sutton coldfield but still consider myself a brummie although i dont recognise the area i grew up in ie nechells and saltley and would certainly not want to move back >:(

Spud

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 06:43:14 PM »
Its not just people who have moved away from Birmingham who would not want to return to their roots. I was born in Handsworth and brought up in Sparkhill I now live in Hall Green . Would I want to return to Handsworth or Sparkhill no of course not. We all know how places we loved as children and as we grew up have changed.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Coastal

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »
Born in Birmingham, lived on Pool Farm K Norton, moved to Druids Heath when I was 11, got married moved to Sheldon, Alvechurch, Redditch, Northfield, Kings Heath and back to Druids Heath, from there i moved to Worcestershire,near Holt Fleet, I now live near Llandrindod Wells in Powys,
Would I return to Birmingham, you couldn't pay me enough.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

RoyMcC

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »
Quite sad really reading the replies to this thread. Of course I understand that people have settled down elsewhere. Also Brum has changed massively, especially since the 1950s/60s.

I enjoy my occasional trips back. I see the changes and they're not all good. I regret the passing of the old communities, the good boozers etc. But when I left in the 70s the city centre area was deplorable and that has improved beyond recognition.

If I do return in my latter years I'll be happy to be back.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy