Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114466 times)

Bannion

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »
Throughout my career I solved all the cases I came across except one.  That one haunted me through the years of service and appears like a blot on my detective career.
It was a case of wanton damage towards windows in the company windows of Chance.  My prayers are answered and I can die a happy man.  Case solved. ;)   ;D

Joewoen

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2015, 08:48:18 PM »
 ;D  ;D

There you go orchard, bang to rights. Come quietly for the nice officer.

4orchard

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »
No Phil ,no fire bombs ,only stones I could find in the back yard and it was at least 65 years ago when the factory was still in full swing so I don't think I contributed much to its demise , when passing on the train the other day there was a huge amount of graffiti on the end of the building how on earth did they get up there, and if it has listed status what could possibly be the long term plans for it surely it couldn't be turned into apartments could it ?

4orchard

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2015, 04:45:58 PM »
Sorry bannion you can't hang up your truncheon yet I'm not owning up to the windows in chance brothers only  JH Richards so you will have to reopen the case on the chances mystery I might know who dunnit but I won't grass up my mates , they might still be alive  and I've already said I'm in hiding till the heat dies down   

Bannion

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
Oh you are so mistaken, Orchard. if you think I would come out of retirement into todays force.  Let 'em carry on paying my pension for this is the best part.

So you are not a "grass" eh.  As a punishment I suggest you clean your windows twice.  Not anymore else the missus becomes used to the idea. (Apologies if I have written out of turn not knowing your personal life)

4orchard

« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »
hi Bannion cleaning the windows wouldnt be a punishment i already have to do it now or at least the inside ,but ive made life easy and bought one of those Karcher window cleaners they are brilliant where did you work whilst in the police i used to employ a lot of ex police officers who had just retired , mainly road traffic department  but i did have some from the west mid serious crime division  but dont tell them about the breakthrough on the great chances mystery im to to old to stand the interegation  :-\

Bannion

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
4Orchard,
Started off at Kenyon Street covering Hockley.  Short stay at Dudley Road then back to Kenyon Street as a detective.  From there City Crime Squad and having come to the end of my attachment I jumped, when it was first formed, into the Regional Crime Squad covering the all the counties surrounding the city dealing in serious crime.  Occasionally extending our wings countrywide on certain cases.  Operated once on the  Isle of Jersey.

Transferred finally to Sussex where after a local familiarisation moved back onto my beloved Regional Crime Squad with serious crime again in the surrounding counties and of course London.  Various promotions followed including my final involvement in terrorism with the bombing of Margaret Thatcher's government.  Then they got wise to my cunning ploy and put me back in uniform in an office job far from the sharp end I had enjoyed all my years.  Injury on duty decided the rest of my career and I was medically retired after twenty seven years service.  It was a interesting and enjoyable career.

4orchard

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »
Hi Bannion you certainly moved about a bit .and like me are enjoying your retirement , so don't lose to much sleep on the great chances mystery , if I go before you I.ll send you you a message from the other side to indicate who did it in the meantime I'm still in hiding 

Bannion

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
4orchard,

Been a bit of fun that was set up by others and enjoyed by us both.  Be seeing you around the site in the future. O0

Terry B

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »
I was born near Dudley Road, moved to Moseley Road and then to Moseley where I lived in a prefab for 25 years. If I went to the end of the road and tur

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »
Terry

What happened mate, we are all agog waiting to find out what happened when you went to the end of the road?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy