Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114487 times)

robx52

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »
Spud you have just described the Birmingham I know and love perfectly O0

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #397 on: January 23, 2019, 11:29:04 PM »
We all dream,glad I live were I do
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

RoyMcC

« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
I'm glad I live where I do, but I'll always have a great affection for Brum with its warts and all.

Empson

« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
Thought I’d contributed to this thread but can’t see anything that is under my ref.
I was born in Sorrento maternity hospital in Moseley some 400 years ago. And grew up in Balsall Heath
Mary Street school, Tindal Street School then Waverley G S. 1 st job was with the council in The Civic Centre behind the Hall-of- Memory, National Service (RAF mostly Singapore ) left the council job and went in to industry in Selly Oak, then into Livery Street . We lived in Vincent Street, BalsallHeath Road then as development started we’re moved to Bristol Road (back of Bristol Street motors) . Married moved to Rubety and then bought a house in Kidderminster. Company opened a new plant in Redditch so finally ended up in
Warwickshire.
Probably my childhood and youth especially were great. No real responsibilities, no money worries.
Plenty of friends male and female. Happy Family and family ties. Life’s been very good.

would I move back into Brum. No way old Chum

I have open country. I can walk to shops and doctors and dentists and if necessary Hospital. There is an active community . True we have an air pollution problem down to vehicular traffic but the council have only been trying to solve it (allegedly) for twent years soit’s Early days yet. Problem is that Other neighbouring councils want to make it worse. Not surprisingly

Downside. 17 hairdressers and about a dozen takeaways. We used to have two chippies, one always with a queue. We still have two but no queues! Ugh! Says it all

If all the Brummies on the Forum were to move back tomorrow even they couldn’t make Brum the way it was.  It’s gone. Because the people have changed and it’s great people that make great cities like the Birmingham of Yesteryear.

JudithM

« Reply #400 on: January 31, 2019, 01:15:57 PM »

I was born in Sorrento maternity hospital in Moseley some 400 years ago.

Vampire or fountain of youth in your back garden?  :)
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Empson

« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2019, 02:39:05 PM »
Judith
age is but a number. Tome everybody is young cause everyone must be yo7nger than me.
And.......
If I keep my hands soft and smooth I will always feel young!

You have to attack life. Some days it is very difficult but humans must persevere.

Always put others in front of yourself.   One is only important if one is considering the well-being of others first.  Humans are always seen to be subtracting and not contributing

Thought for the day... When God created Adam and Eve did he make a mistake and ever since has been trying to correct it? No ther species is so destructive. They take only what they need for the day. Mankind just takes.  Brazilian mine disaster for example

Des Gardner

« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2019, 10:46:43 AM »
Age is just a number :)   Forget all the peaceful places you have been on holiday and go to Benidorm for your holidays and become a teenager again...... O0

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #403 on: March 13, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »
Friend of ours went there on Xmas day .Flight and Accomodation £90 him and wife,£35 each 2 children for 4 days.Said it was best Xmas he had spent with the kids.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

frederick

« Reply #404 on: March 13, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
The only trouble with Benidorm it's like being in the middle of a busy city but a lot hotter.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #405 on: March 13, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »
What has the weather in Benidorm got to do with "Born or brought up in Birmingham" can we get back on topic please?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #406 on: March 14, 2019, 06:51:09 PM »
I was born and brought up in Birmingham and would I return to live, not on your nelly.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy