Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114491 times)

Scipio

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:04 PM »
Age is just a number :)   Forget all the peaceful places you have been on holiday and go to Benidorm for your holidays and become a teenager again...... O0

I've seen enough of it on tv no thanks  O0 O0 O0
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2019, 08:38:25 PM »
I was born in Dudley Rd Hospital at the best time to be born , there's nothing wrong with Brum . It's some of the people that's the problem giving it a bad name
Mark Twain

Des Gardner

« Reply #409 on: March 14, 2019, 08:58:02 PM »

I've seen enough of it on tv no thanks  O0 O0 O0

The Benidorm on TV is not for real, most of the actors are out of work extras who work without a script...I have been told that the TV series does nothing for Benidorm, in fact some people say its a disgrace to Benidorm, I hardly watch any TV at all, so I will have to take your word for it that you have seen enough. We  have just come back from Benidorm where we spent half of Jan and all of Feb just sitting by the pool, no TV, no Mobile phone, No laptop, No Brexit, such is life...... 8) 8) 8) O0 [size=78%]  [/size]

Scipio

« Reply #410 on: March 14, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »

The Benidorm on TV is not for real, most of the actors are out of work extras who work without a script...I have been told that the TV series does nothing for Benidorm, in fact some people say its a disgrace to Benidorm, I hardly watch any TV at all, so I will have to take your word for it that you have seen enough. We  have just come back from Benidorm where we spent half of Jan and all of Feb just sitting by the pool, no TV, no Mobile phone, No laptop, No Brexit, such is life...... 8) 8) 8) O0 [size=78%]  [/size]

I only watched the first series that was enough . I am surprised you came back with life being so IDYLLIC
Mark Twain

Des Gardner

« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2019, 09:50:59 PM »
We always rest in the day time, night time is party time and at 76 yrs of age it takes a lot out of you, so it's rest by day, party by night, hence my saying, we are teenagers again, and What you see and What you do in Benidorm stays in Benidorm...

Des Gardner

« Reply #412 on: March 14, 2019, 11:34:14 PM »
Let's get back on the topic......I was born in Warstock Birmingham, raised in Birmingham and worked in Birmingham, all my employment has never been more than 5 miles from where I was born. Birmingham has been good to me and I have never had any intention of leaving. I have been to many countries and I have never wanted to live in any of them....my home is in Birmingham.

townie

« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2019, 07:35:47 AM »
I was born in Dudley Rd Hospital at the best time to be born , there's nothing wrong with Brum . It's some of the people that's the problem giving it a bad name

Where do you live now Scipio?
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

baz

« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2019, 07:46:54 AM »
Whereabouts in Warstock was that Des ?

Des Gardner

« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »
Whereabouts in Warstock was that Des ?

Highters Road.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2019, 08:38:44 AM »

I spent most of my young life in b/heath Birmingham  but right from being a nipper I loved parks open spaces  cannonhill park was my play ground  and the lickeys  my dream was to one day go and live out in the sticks to wake up and see open fields woods wild life  a few years ago some thing happened in my life that made me stop and think the hard bit to get over was the why me bit what have I done and the if only bit  well I was given that chance and I took it with both hands and we moved out of brum but not to far so that we could still get in to brum with in the hour  now I can  be in bed with the windows open no cars no folk shouting no dogs barking  mr owl comes in the trees and shouts to his mates or mr fox has a go now and then but they was there before me its there world so I live with that 

has the saying goes  you can take the kid out of brum but you will never take brum out of the kid
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

RoyMcC

« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »
Absolutely right Roy. Life's short but it should be long enough. Too many people grow old never having followed their heart and dreams. And it's good that you still have affection for your home city.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy