Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114465 times)

eaglestone

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2020, 02:50:09 AM »
Born in Handsworth Wood  ancient donkey's years ago...a much, much, much different place then.

Definitely would not want to live there now.

Even the house I was born in and lived in has been knocked down!

The only advantage of living in B20 is its nearness to Villa Park!

Corby

« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »
Hello All,
             I was born at Marston Green Hospital 1960, adopted and brought up in Stechford. I went to Stechford Primary after a short period at Hudson House Private School in Frederick Road, if anyone can remember it. I then went to Hodge Hill Comp. I lived in Bordesley Green East from 1985 until '91 and moved out to North Warwickshire where I still live. We moved out for the sake of our three boys who we wanted educated in a Christian environment. I have a brother and sister still in East B'ham so occasionally pop over. Would I move back? Not in a million years and the three boys have done well for themselves.

Sawrus

« Reply #453 on: April 16, 2020, 11:08:17 AM »
I worked in Birmingham - The Rotunda many many many years ago and lived in Edgebaston (a bed-sit) when I first moved. I then moved to a apartment in Castle Vale. I totally loved my time and have great memories. My mum was Brummy born and bred and I went to look at the house she was born in. I got really excited when I saw all the lovely old houses....unfortunately their house and a few others had been knocked down and turned into apartments.   :-[  So although not born or 'brunged' up in Birmingham it will always have a piece of my heart

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #454 on: April 16, 2020, 11:11:24 AM »
I worked in Birmingham - The Rotunda many many many years ago and lived in Edgebaston (a bed-sit) when I first moved. I then moved to a apartment in Castle Vale. I totally loved my time and have great memories. My mum was Brummy born and bred and I went to look at the house she was born in. I got really excited when I saw all the lovely old houses....unfortunately their house and a few others had been knocked down and turned into apartments.   :-[  So although not born or 'brunged' up in Birmingham it will always have a piece of my heart

hi and welcome to you   just sit back make your self at home and join in
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Des Gardner

« Reply #455 on: May 06, 2020, 08:30:24 AM »
Ray,still got my old leaving certificate from 1954.autographed byall the teachers.

I still have my leaving certifcate,....1958....after 4 years at Yardley Wood SMB School...they managed to spell my name wrong!.....

Rob Reddo

« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2020, 11:36:44 AM »
I was born in Washwood Heath in 1951, moved to Erdington when I was about 9 or 10. I now live in Worcestershire, but I would live in Birmingham again, well in some areas anyway. The last time I lived in Brum was for a year or so in Edgbaston during the mid-1990s.

Sha

« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2020, 10:36:11 AM »
Our family lived in New John Street West. Hockley/Newtown. Mom and dad owned a cafe shop there ... We attended Farm Street School at the time... (Which is now Sadly gone).

Then Farm Street School closed down due to demolition, we moved to 16 Soho Road next to Polish wedding hall and The Frank Lay family next door. We attended newly built Welford Road School on Welford Road.
[size=78%]
[/size]
Both ours and Frank lays houses, and the Polish Wedding Hall was used to extend [size=78%]what is now part of the beautiful Sikh Temple On Soho Road.[/size]

So we moved from Soho Road to Thorn hill Rd and continued to attend Welford Road school before I attended Grove Lane School.

Now I reside in Leicester been here 13 years.

jackie nokes

« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2020, 05:14:44 PM »
I was born in Ladywood in 1951 and moved to Erdington when I was about  six to a lovely house in Alleyne road it was like a palace to us nice big garden and our very own toilet my god we were so lucky having moved from a yard full of houses shared toilet and Brewhouse for the washing don't no why it was called that though I went to Erdington hall school junior and infant then on to the big school Moorend lane school Erdington my next door neighbour was my best friend pat we had some great times she was taller than me and tough so nobody picked on me .

I loved my school life and my home life wonderful mom and dad  loved them dearly as did  my2 brothers and 5 sisters
I got married to Joe in 1969 we had a magical marriage but I lost him when he was 51 in 1997 also my dad that year ..
now I am 69 with 2 grown up lads 4 grandchildren all grown up and 5 great grandchildren 4 little girls and 1 little boy
I have been in a relationship with lovely Dave for a long time now but never remarried..
but we are happy .. :)

lin p

« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2020, 09:59:23 PM »
Hi i was born in Small Heath (Bolton Road) in 1952 it was a small 2 up 2 down . No bathroom or loo had to go up the yard. All together there was 7 of us i slept in the same room as my mom and dad  and my little sister. The other bedroom was my nan big sister and little brother. We moved to Stechford  the Bordesley Green road across the road was the YMCA the other side of the road was the Richmond pub. We loved the house we moved in . Front garden and a big back garden. L still live in Birmingham. I lived in that house untill i Married lived in Yardley for 42 years now live in Moseley . Yes i love this city

robx52

« Reply #460 on: May 20, 2020, 06:58:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum jackie and lyn.

jackie nokes

« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »
thank you Rob

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy