Author Topic: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?  (Read 114489 times)

Scipio

Re: Born or brought up in Birmingham. Would you?
« Reply #473 on: February 16, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »
Worth looking into Longs and Shorts.    O0

Frederick if you do buy some shorts , please please don't be walking around in them in sub zero temperatures , like some nutters .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #474 on: February 16, 2021, 07:11:31 PM »
Fred are we on about your favorite subject CLOTHES.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

frederick

« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2021, 11:10:27 AM »
E F,
No Longs and Shorts are an investment vehicle and it was my link with Singapore. Not living there now but I was born and brought up in Birmingham.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »
E F,
No Longs and Shorts are an investment vehicle and it was my link with Singapore. Not living there now but I was born and brought up in Birmingham.

Frederick you're a dark horse , you must have money coming out of your earholes .
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #477 on: February 17, 2021, 06:55:08 PM »
Now we know why he keeps saying it's a  MILLIONAIRES SOCIETY but I think only for him.

Was thinking of getting. the Violin out to go busking. But there ain't no one about. ;D
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

frederick

« Reply #478 on: February 18, 2021, 09:42:35 AM »
  ;D    ;D    :2funny:   I have no close friends living in Brum now so no need for me to go back to Brum anymore.

Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

SENSIBLE

« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2021, 10:40:23 PM »

Frederick if you do buy some shorts , please please don't be walking around in them in sub zero temperatures , like some nutters .

You've seen our postman then.    8)
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

Scipio

« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2021, 08:40:33 AM »

You've seen our postman then.    8)

Courtesy of Uncle Sam , I can’t stand seeing blokes legs , rashes ,varicose veins on display for all to see .
Mark Twain

Hi De Hi

« Reply #481 on: April 11, 2021, 01:29:39 PM »
Born in Sorrento Maternity Hospital Moseley and then home to Cattel Road, Small heath opposite the Blues ground. Aged 3 we moved to Beach Road, Sparkhill.  Lived there until I reached 20 then parents moved to Acocks Green (Denham Road) and I got married shortly after.  We bought a house in Brandon Road, Hall Green and then after a couple of years moved up into Shirley (Technically not Brum I know). 41 years later still in Shirley though not the same house.
Worked all my life in Brum. Initially Woolworths in Sparkhill, then Newman College, Bartley Green followed by Lucas Aerospace Hall Green. Last 31 years been teaching science in schools around the city.

Spud

« Reply #482 on: April 11, 2021, 03:16:55 PM »
Born in Sorrento Maternity Hospital Moseley and then home to Cattel Road, Small heath opposite the Blues ground. Aged 3 we moved to Beach Road, Sparkhill.  Lived there until I reached 20 then parents moved to Acocks Green (Denham Road) and I got married shortly after.  We bought a house in Brandon Road, Hall Green and then after a couple of years moved up into Shirley (Technically not Brum I know). 41 years later still in Shirley though not the same house.
Worked all my life in Brum. Initially Woolworths in Sparkhill, then Newman College, Bartley Green followed by Lucas Aerospace Hall Green. Last 31 years been teaching science in schools around the city.

We must have crossed paths at Lucas
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Gwladmab

« Reply #483 on: April 11, 2021, 04:45:24 PM »
I know the area quite well, spent time in Shirley visiting Aunts and Uncles, one in Longmoor Rd, and the other in Chamberlin Crescent. My Aunt now lives in Sheltered Accommodation, near Shirley Station.

I spent a lot of my youth in Shirley, Monkspath, and Hockley Heath in the 70’s. I was back there about 18 months ago, the place had changed so much, particularly from where I knew Archers Garage out past the M42.

Is the Cinema still standing in Shirley? What about Shirley Temple Chinese?

Gwladmab

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy