Author Topic: Midland Educational  (Read 6808 times)

robx52

Re: Midland Educational
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »
Definitely right about Robinsons, we moved house in 1963 and used them.

frederick

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »
We used Robinsons to move us down to Pembrokeshire in 1984.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

countrylad

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
I can remember the Midland Ed shops, particularly the one in Solihull, one lady I remember was Mrs Bradley, worked in the pen section. I knew her daughter too, a Saturday Girl. 

sjc

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 09:37:51 PM »
i also worked at Midland Educational Mosley road, 1973 till 1974, i think the manager was called dennis, then there was someone called rob, dermot, linda, one of the driver's  was called reg, i cant remember anyone else.

Coastal

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 12:03:15 AM »

Welcome to the forum sjc,

As for the MECo. my memories not great but when I left in 73 there was a Dennis, two Normans (one was a friend of Linda's) and there was a driver named Reg (he drove an old FG lorry and usually took his dog with him) a young lad named Rob (known as the whippet) another driver named Alec (I think) along with Roger Terry and Cathy, Mr Page ran the office.
There were quite a few others (I'm better with faces) but can't remember if they were still there when I left, there was Jean and Lillian, along with an old guy who travelled every day from Stratford named Tom, and a packer named Ron.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

sjc

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 12:57:21 AM »
i remember Reg taking his dog with him, Cathy i think went out with Rob, i remember Alec as well, i dont remember the other names.

Coastal

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 10:25:47 AM »

I forgot a couple of others Pete (he had a lot of hair) and his mate Paul (rode a motorbike and drove a Reliant)
I think there was a packer named Norris and Mr Kitchen was one of the (upstairs) bosses, I loved it there and they were a great bunch, but the wages left a bit to be desired, it was my first job so it was a good place to start.

And I did cheat a bit (I said I'm not very good with names) so I had a little help, I still have the card I was given when I left, lot's of names but can't put a face to them all and there are some that I can't read, but very fond memories.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

sjc

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »
it's good you still have your card,i cant remember if i got a card when i left, i remember getting a kiss on the cheek of linda, i remember a guy who use to come in a land rover to service the van's.

LisaC1967

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 09:55:39 PM »

I forgot a couple of others Pete (he had a lot of hair) and his mate Paul (rode a motorbike and drove a Reliant)
I think there was a packer named Norris and Mr Kitchen was one of the (upstairs) bosses, I loved it there and they were a great bunch, but the wages left a bit to be desired, it was my first job so it was a good place to start.

And I did cheat a bit (I said I'm not very good with names) so I had a little help, I still have the card I was given when I left, lot's of names but can't put a face to them all and there are some that I can't read, but very fond memories.

My Dads name was Norris and worked at Midland Ed his first name was William or Bill

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy