Author Topic: German Markets  (Read 6763 times)

Hassaan17

German Markets
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:53:16 PM »
Anyone been to the German Markets recently? I went there last week - here's a video I made. Apologies if it's a bit jittery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yxfmvZ6i0c

frederick

Re: German Markets
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:04:38 PM »
It looks good and good for a walk around     O0    but what do the the other traders in town think as they are paying rent and rates and does it mean less foot fall for them     :(
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »
Every year I ask the same question, "Why not an English Market" It's become a farce since it first started most of the stalls are owned by Romanians and have nothing to do with Germany,
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
Its probably because Birmingham city council make a fortune no matter where you come from.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

planetmalc

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »
Every year I ask the same question, "Why not an English Market"

The German Market gives you a chance to try stuff that's not available in our markets or shops.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Chessy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »
Every year I ask the same question, "Why not an English Market" It's become a farce since it first started most of the stalls are owned by Romanians and have nothing to do with Germany,

I believe a lot of the roofing fell off them in the storm this weekend :o
Maybe my altruistic views predispose me to such propositions, but it won't stop me joining the party

m/search?q=the+farmer+and+the+cowman&sca_esv=594793247&sxsrf=AM9HkKlyGJxCXd0UyheM9ig9PiCsXAXhTw%3A1704059497453&ei=aeKRZemaG6ythbIP3eOoiAQ&gs_s

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »

The German Market gives you a chance to try stuff that's not available in our markets or shops.

PM

Who wants it, anyway it's all available to us isn't we are in the EU still are we not or have I missed something?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
Who wants it, anyway it's all available to us isn't we are in the EU still are we not or have I missed something?

Well, let's say you wanted a sausage that's at least a foot long (and what man doesn't ;D )   -   where in town would you get such a meal?    When the German Market's in town, I know I can get one from the foot of the Rotunda   -   convenient or what?     It's also the only place I can get an ostrich burger (though the stall that sells them doesn't appear to be there, this year).     Being teetotal, I know nothing about booze, but there are stalls in Victoria Square that are awash with the stuff, and maybe what's on offer is something else you can't normally get in Brum.
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Bannion

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
Hasaan,

My thanks to you for sharing your ramble around the market.   Came to the Brum one possibly some fifteen years, roughly after they first came to my attention.  Spent an enjoyable afternoon rummaging around.  It was so small, in my recollection of it, whereas now it stretches out.  Remember partaking of a coffee laced with some alleged liquor and taking one of Planet Malc's sausages but I did not measure it but however it lasted my first circuit of the stalls then

We have down here what they call "The French Market"   Traders travel from Dieppe on the overnight ferry and set their stalls out at our Marina.  Never been but am told they bring interesting "French artifacts" similar to the ones offered at the Brum market.  Nothing on the scale of what your gathering is.

Joewoen

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 06:57:50 PM »
5.5 million visitors, £90 million to the local economy. What's not to like?

Just look at where the coaches are coming from dropping off the visitors,  all over the country.

Anything that gets the tourists here is great. It also helps the rest of the nation see that Brum isn't too bad after all.

townie

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 06:59:39 PM »
Joewoen Where do you live? not actual address just area.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy