Author Topic: Birmingham's Reputation  (Read 9141 times)

frederick

Re: Birmingham's Reputation
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2016, 03:52:49 PM »
This isn't very good for Brums reputation      :o     :(    it's definitely going down big time if more fire arm's are needed      :o

Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
Fred

I would imagine that all the larger town earmarked as likely terrorist targets are taking the same precautions. Normally I would suppose this type on increase would not be publicised but I suppose it is done as a warning to the terrorists which is fine as long as they don't see it as a challenge.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Joewoen

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »
I don't think this will harm our reputation.

Street gangs like the Burger Boys are more likely to harm our reputation. Thankfully though violence on Birmingham streets is far less than Manchester. Long may that continue. The national press does not, as yet, have Birmingham in mind as a centre for guns and knives.

JudithM

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »
Judging by the local news, we seem to be catching up with Manchester  :(   There's been shots fired in Lozells damaging a car and houses - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lozells-street-sealed-police-after-10719973

There have also been a spate of shootings around Hockley recently, and in other areas too.  It seems like gun crime is on the increase again.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

SENSIBLE

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »
So glad that after 60 odd years of living and working in Birmingham I finally got out of the damn place.

Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

frederick

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 12:29:27 PM »
It doesn't how nice Brum may look now with the new buildings, if you don't feel safe there that can be a problem      :(
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Joewoen

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
It doesn't how nice Brum may look now with the new buildings, if you don't feel safe there that can be a problem      :(

Feeling safe is a perception of course. I understand from the street pastors on Birmingham streets that the city centre is not a problem apart from people enjoying themselves to excess. Most towns and cities have these problems today. Reading is a small town, but not a place I feel comfortable in after 9:00pm. And I certainly avoid the trains after 10:00pm. They are scarey.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy