Author Topic: photograph copyright  (Read 3180 times)

cazzap

photograph copyright
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:26:57 AM »
Please may I use a picture posted by Phil (post 22604) of Heneage Street
Cazzap

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: photograph copyright
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:50 AM »
Cazzap

I am not quite sure to which photo you refer, I need the name of the thread and the date it was posted and the reply number. Though I can tell you that if it's an old photo I will not be able to give permission for you to use it. Simply because I do not have authority to do so. All the photos I post come from sites that have not posted claims of copyright or from sites that give permission for use in non commercial circumstances.

If you decide to use it then it will be by your own risk alone, I would advise that you add this qualifying statement " That you have posted  the photo in the belief that there is no copyright issue and upon proof of copyright being shown you will remove any offending image and you are sorry for any offence caused".
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
hi phil most of the photos I use I get off site and most are in public domain  if you do not use the photo for the purpose of making money you are 99% safe  but you need to look out to see if you need permission off the copy right holder  all photos on this sit are copy right you might see that but when you look around you will find the same photos on different sites 

this is what you might come across

The University of Birmingham had kindly made the collection available to down-
load and redistribute for non-commercial research or private study purposes.
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:10:56 PM »
cazzap

Take a look at Carl Chinns website Birmingham Lives. There are some images of Heneage Street on there. Who knows they may even include the image on here that you want to use as quite a few of the photos I have posted come from there.

http://lives.bgfl.org/carlchinn/

This is what that site has to say about Copyright.

You may make and distribute copies of the source material of the archive, provided that such copies and distribution thereof are for non-profit and you duplicate all of the original copyright notices and associated disclaimers. However, you may distribute the material in aggregate with other (possibly commercial) materials as part of a larger (possibly commercial) software distribution provided that you do not advertise any of the materials as your own. The name of the Copyright Holder may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this material without specific prior written permission.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cazzap

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 04:37:47 PM »
Hi The picture is under the heading 93 Heneage Street Nechells B7 your reply was dated august 7th 2014. It is the seond one with the lampost.
I volunteer for the National Trust and I have written a short book re Thomas Walker of the Buckle making factory
I have signed away any rights to the Trust.
We would like to be able to sell this book.....any 'profit' will be minimal and as the Trust is a charity anyway it might be looked at differently.
Cazzap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
cazzap

I've located those photos and I'm sorry I have no idea what the copyright position is with them especially if they are going to be published in a book. What is the connection with Thomas Walker and Heneage Street, is there a connection to those photos in particular because if you are just looking for Heneage St in general there are others on the site. Have you looked at the Birmingham Lives site because I'm sure Carl Chinn would allow you to use the ones of Heneage Street displayed on there,
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cazzap

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 06:41:42 PM »
Thomas Walker was born in Mount Street in the jewellry quarter but no picture seems available of mount street

One of the people who ived at Baddesley Clinton was called Heneage  so I used it instead. I will go on to Carl Chinns site...it was a back to back photo I wanted to show Thomas Walkers rise from a back to back to living in School Rd Moseley in 50 years
Cazzap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »
cazzap

I'm sure you will find something suitable on Carl Chinn's Birmingham Lives site. Once again you have caught my interest, where was Mount Street in the Jewellery Quarter I can find a Mount Place off Hockley Hill in the 20's but no Mount Street where was it located?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cazzap

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 11:21:41 PM »
Some years ago Mikejee sent me a map of where Bread street was and Mount street was on it   near St pauls square It was reasonably close to where the buckle factory was  which was on brook street and eventually spread along St Pauls Square. I willtry & find map amongst my boxes of research & send you a copy if you can't find it
Census 1841 shows the walker family living in Mount Court Mount street  head of the family then being Joseph. 
I have loads of info on the family if it is of any interest to you.
Sadly I was born up North & didnt move down here until 1971..I would really enjoy doing what the moderators do....
there are some very good back to back photos on Professor Chinns site  so I shall e mail him tomorrow
Many thanks for your help.
Cazzap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:32 AM »
Cazzap

Thanks for that, I have now discovered where Mount Street was, it was the bottom part of Newhall Street until about the 1880's when it became part of Newhall Street That's something I didn't know and if we learn a little something each day then its not a bad day. By the way Bread Street became Cornwall Street around the same time.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy