Author Topic: Lee Bank Area  (Read 15422 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Lee Bank Area
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 11:46:17 PM »
Andy

Here are a few more photos of Bell Barn Road as requested, the others are near the beginning of the thread. I'll post some more here as I sort them out.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »
Andy

Three more photos of Bell Barn Road back in the 40's, 50's, & 60's. Was there anything in particular you were looking for?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 07:10:19 PM »
Andy

A few more photos for you.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

marshey

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
Andy

Three more photos of Bell Barn Road back in the 40's, 50's, & 60's. Was there anything in particular you were looking for?

What memories these photos brought  back!  I lived in Lee Mount which was off Lee Bank Road.  The little shop with the black car outside was called Readings and the cafe on the opposite corner was where my mates and me would meet and have a chat.  The side of Readings was a bombed site, we could cut across it into Bell Barn Road, where one of my friends (Brenda Castle) lived in a back-to-back.  We all went to St Thomas`s School, Bath Row.  Mr Bate Jones was headmaster, I left in 1952, age 15.  Thanks for the memories,  I`m Marshey by the way.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 04:20:54 PM »
Hi Marshy

I sorted these out for you, Lee Mount & Lee Crescent in the 50's & 60's. I see Lee mount has gone now, but the one side of Lee Crescent is still standing.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

marshey

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »
Hi Marshy

I sorted these out for you, Lee Mount & Lee Crescent in the 50's & 60's. I see Lee mount has gone now, but the one side of Lee Crescent is still standing.

Yes thats it thanks. The second picture, halfway up the hill, where the bush is the front garden, that was our house (number 4).  My friend Maureen McKnight lived in the house on the corner.  The "white" house pictured in Lee Crescent was where some friends of mom and dad lived.  My nan lived opposite in Clovelly Place, but that side of the crescent was demolished earlier.  My best friend Beryl Glenn lived in Clovelly Place, I`m still in touch with her - we`ll be 80 this year! can`t believe it.

DaveG

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 09:11:34 PM »
 :) I like my dad was born in Florence St off Holloway head I am certain my entire family or so it seemed lived around this area from the back to backs when they were pulled down to the maisonettes in dorking and Bexhill grove to when they came down to make way for that mess they have now built,had some great times growing up there

Anne Edgingtonl

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 10:20:43 PM »

Hi! Just joined your site.  So pleased to see so many familiar photos of Lee Bank. I lived in Lee Crescent opposite the big white Georgian houses. A friend of mine who was in the same class as me lived at No.46 his name was Christopher I think. Our neighbours were the Grey family (lots of them) My best friend Nuala Creagan also lived opposite we all went to Lee Bank Secondary School.
Would be good to hear from any old friends. I am 72 now so have many memories of those times. :-\   8)   

Phil Downing

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »
My father William Downing I think lived on Bath Row when he was young, he was born in 1926

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
Hi Phil

Welcome to you, where on Bath Row did he live?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Sawrus

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 07:42:58 PM »
Would there be any photos of Lee Crescent, the side that's now a mini park. My Mum was born at number 12 Lee Crescent and many years ago I took a trip over to Brum only to find there was only one side of the Crescent. Very long journey to see and very sad - shoulda used google!!  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy