Author Topic: help finding family  (Read 947 times)

tammy

help finding family
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:09:31 PM »
hi i am trying to do my husbands family tree and i have come to stand still.i know this is a long shot but dose any one know or remember a man named mangal patel the last address i have for him is 33 liddon rd in 1955 he was married to mary sadler or patel and they had 2 children david patel and shirley patel mary died in 1949 and the children were put into the cottage homes i have no idea what happened to mangal i know he also lived near the mermaid pub at some point also dose any one remember a vincent or doris sadler the addresses i have for them are 111 bank square,  30 carlisle street, 80 jubile place,80 cromwell place, 22 shipley grove, 28 high street,28 cross guns is this a pub ? 92 jog , 6 may place, 121 pritchett road and 12 crowther road any info at all no matter how small would be so helpful thanks x

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: help finding family
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
Hi tammy

Are all these addresses you have given in Birmingham. I think Carlisle Street is in the Hockley Area, is Pritchett Rd the one in Northfield? There was a Cromwell Place off Ford St in Hockley, also Crowther Rd was (is) Erdington. Bank Square I cant find though there is a Bank St in Kings Heath. there are or were a couple of Jubilee place's one off Aston Church Rd and the other off Blythe Street. Shipley Grove is Weoley Castle, May Place was off Aston Brook St. There are too many High Streets in Birmingham to guess which one and yes The Cross Keys sounds like a pub to me and in the 50's there were at least four of those.

Any of the posters who come on this forum that offer to help will need all this information and more, so any little detail you can find will help.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Amandabussell

Find jill m hewitt
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:37 PM »
Hi tammy

I'm new to this but I'm trying to find a couple her name is jill m hands daughter of Hilda hands nee groves father bert East hands he had one leg and worked on a sweet shop know as the posh little sweet shop, Jill's hubby is brian g hewitt but I've come to a brick wall they wud be in there late 70s now if u cud pass this around I wud be very grateful thank u Amanda Bussell  :)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: help finding family
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »
Hi Amanda

I've had a look at your previous posts and it looks like you put them in the wrong places.

This is the right place now, what you need to do is record all the information you have here such as full names, addresses and dates of Birth plus dates when living at these addresses.

The posters who have the resources to look into these sort of things will come back to you when and if they can find anything out.

Best of luck in your search.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy