Author Topic: house of lerose  (Read 5628 times)

Chris G

Re: house of lerose
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 08:46:52 PM »
I worked at Lerose from 1979 until 1885 with John Telford and Tony Chatterton. Sadly Tony passed away last year. I keep in regular contact with Phil Brown who was factory manager in Birmingham. At Tony’s funeral a good number of old Lersose employees attended including Trevor Mortlock, Mal Hughes, Brian Watts and Val Massey. I also understood that Mike Henry, Colin Stewart  and Dave Mc Quigg had also recently passed away. Always a happy place and the girls had a great sense of humour and remember many names and faces.
Lerose was a quality business and gave me an education in fashion that no university
could ever have provided, the experience  gave me a career which has taken around the world and now finall at NEXT
Great memories and so good to see those names again in these posts

Scipio

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 10:26:27 PM »

I worked at Lerose from 1979 until 1885 with John Telford and Tony Chatterton. Sadly Tony passed away last year. I keep in regular contact with Phil Brown who was factory manager in Birmingham. At Tony’s funeral a good number of old Lersose employees attended including Trevor Mortlock, Mal Hughes, Brian Watts and Val Massey. I also understood that Mike Henry, Colin Stewart  and Dave Mc Quigg had also recently passed away. Always a happy place and the girls had a great sense of humour and remember many names and faces.
Lerose was a quality business and gave me an education in fashion that no university
could ever have provided, the experience  gave me a career which has taken around the world and now finall at NEXT
Great memories and so good to see those names again in these posts

Welcome Chris , I worked opposite you then  from 1977 -84 , I worked at ERD in Henrietta St . We decamped to West Brom in 84

If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

LouLou777

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 11:17:39 PM »
Hi,
My sister worked at Lerose in Henrietta st from 1969 to 1971 in the buying office. Does anyone remember Martin Buy Ian Cunningham Alan Bateman Tony Peaker or my sister Yvonne Graham. She had such fun memories of working there and believes her love of fashion started there. She would buy jersey fabric and made a suit for me which I absolutely loved.

Jax

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »
Hi
I remember your dad I used to work in the stores issuing all the fabric cotton etc with a chap called jock also another chap called Colin
Your dad used to work up in the cutting room next door with Trevor I was there about 1974 we used to have breakfast up stairs in the small canteen with Bob  Spiers also  chap called Jack ( cant recall his last name)
It was a good firm to work for I remember Kurt Rose and Jack Denning who used to run the place
Regards
Peter Essex
I've just found this forum whilst I was remembering Mr Kurt Rose, so I don't know if any of the original posters are still active on here. I was one of his personal care assistants for 9 years. He died aged 91, he almost made 92. He was a very nice man. I also was a personal carer to his wife Isabel for many years until she passed from cancer. He used to love to tell us about his days in manufacturing and some of the naughty things he got up too! I reme7bim very fondly. I've added a couple of pics from his 90th Birthday Lunch.

Marikaki

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2023, 02:48:17 PM »
Hello everyone… I haven’t posted here for quite some time but thought I’d try again just in case I may connect with someone from the old days of Lerose…. It was an amazing place. I wonder if anyone remembers my Greek Mum called Arety? Mum became a Supervisor then Mr Rose asked Mum to go to Just Jersey in Temple Street as their alterations lady (I think the shop is a hairdresser now)… I recall so many fond memories including travelling in the material box around and around! I was only about 5 I hasten to add :) Anyway please do connect with me if anyone remembers. Happy thoughts to you all.

Marikaki

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2023, 02:51:06 PM »
Sorry… I meant to say in was around 1964… xx

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy