Author Topic: st chads school brearley street in the 60s  (Read 4651 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: st chads school brearley street in the 60s
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »

this is how I remember it in the 1960s

with just a bit of colour
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Sandi

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »
Hi I attended St Chads Brearly St in 1957 primary. When I was six I attended junior at St chads until Eleven. Moved back to Brearly st for my senior years.

I remember all those teachers you mentioned. I also remember Mr Winston who took third year.
I lived in Aston Brook st. My name was Sandra Quinn now Steele.. xxxx

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Hi Sandi

Welcome to the forum, new faces are always welcome here. I'm sure someone who knows a lot more about St Chads School than I do will contact you shortly.
Make Love Not War

astoness

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »
hi sandi and welcome from too :)  here is another photo of st chads that has just come to light...slide the bar that is underneath the photo to the right to see the school actually could a moderator please delete the photo and repost it a better size please...cant work out how to delete it myself

lyn

Sandi

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 09:11:48 PM »
Thanks for the picture.. I remember there was a garage and I was four and a half and yes I was walking home on my own!! I was ran over and broke my arm!! Memories xxx

astoness

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:41 PM »
sandi maybe myself or phil may have a photo of aston brook st...bit late now but i will search my photos tomorrow for you

lyn

Dave mc

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 08:00:34 PM »
Hi to all I went to st chads 64 and left 1966 my last year was in mr byrnes class great teacher I had some great mates Francis McGuire terry fox Graham coppage john hempenstall and many more I remember sister etna canít believe she was a Christian but happy days we used to go for a smoke in a little park up tower st

astoness

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »
tower st park is still there

lyn

fluffmagoo

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

Hi Lin. Just been informed about this site and your chat. You referred to knowing Michael Copage (Coppage). I never did understand why the school insisted on putting two 'Ps' in my surname, but then again, sister Ethna was never wrong, as six of the best across the finger tips of both hands testified to. I was also in sister Veronicas' class.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 05:05:15 PM »
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

fluffmagoo

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
Hi there does anyone remember the teachers in the middle 60s ,i can remember sister ethna also sister veronica  ,im not sure but i think there was a mr begley also mr foley ,miss burns ,i left in 1965 or 1966 ,had some good memories, some  names of my class was m.remedious...frank mcinerny m coppage,tommy burke p  tumelty t.ford , e.cox both females ,im just curious if these people are still around and doing well ,i lived in park lane aston .

by the way my name is p.wade.