Author Topic: INKERMAN STREET VAUXHALL  (Read 15411 times)

irene

INKERMAN STREET VAUXHALL
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:38:50 PM »
I was looking through this Forum yesterday and i came across a photo of a lady standing by a car it was taken in Inkerman Street and a young lad was in the photo aswell i cant seem to find it now i would be gratful if anyone can find it for me please.Thanks Irene x

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: INKERMAN STREET VAUXHALL
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
Hello again Irene, hope you are keeping well. These are all the photos of Inkerman Street that are on this site as far as I am aware as I think I posted them all in the first place.

Could it have been Inkerman Street Aston that you were looking at?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

irene

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:04:45 PM »
Thanks Phil it may have been Inkerman St Aston then but thanks for putting these up again i love these pics and going a walk down memory lane.Hope your keeping well.Irene x

JOHN GORE

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:07:51 PM »
HELLO MY  NAME  IS  JOHN  GORE  b  1942  LIVED  109  INKEMAN  ST  TILL  1964  WENT  TO  LOXTON  SCHOOL  PLAYED  CHESS  FOR  THE  SCHOOL 
ALSO  IN  INKERMAN  ST  LIVED  IN   HOUSE  WITH  A  GARDEN  NEAREST  ERSKINE  ST   REMEMBER  MY  DADS  LOCAL  THE  BRIT   THE  SHOE  REPAIRERS
FURTHER  DOWN  THE  ROAD       AND  A  LITTLE  BIT  FURTHER  A  GAP  FOR  SOME  GARAGES  WHERE  I  KEPT  MY  LAMBRETTA  SCOOTER  IN  THE
EARLY  60s    STILL   HAVE  MANY  MORE  MEMORIES  OF  THE  STREET  DOES  ANY  ONE  REMEMBER  ME   BYE  JOHN

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »
Hi John

Welcome to the forum, though I know well the places you mention I'm afraid I never graduated to Inkerman Street until 1963 Previous to that we lived in Francis Street from 53/54 before that Balsall Heath. Sorry your name rings no bells with me, but wasn't 109 closer to Alma Crescent than Erskine Street
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:23 PM »
Its a pity foster isn't on here anymore his grandparents used to live at 155 francis street.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

JOHN GORE

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 11:03:18 AM »
HELLO  PHIL  YOU  ARE  RIGHT  ALMA  CRESCENT  WAS  NEAREST  TO  THE  HOUSES  WITH  FRONT  GARDEN  BUT  109  OUR  HOUSE  WAS  THE  FURTHEST 
FROM  ALMA  CRESCENT   THERE  WAS  A  GAP  NEXT  DOOR  THAT  LED  YOU  TO  HOMERS  SMALL  ENGINEERING  FIRM  OUR  BACK  GARDEN  WALL
WAS  TANTS  PAINT  FACTORY  THANKS  FOR  REPLYING  JOHN  GORE 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 11:30:46 AM »
Hi John

I worked at Homers for about six months in mid sixties, I think it might have been 64. It wasn't a bad little company to work for but I only worked in the winter in those days and I spent the summers being young.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JOHN GORE

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »
HELLO  PHIL  MY  MOM  GLADYS  WORKED  FOR  HOMERS  IN  THE  EARLY  SIXTIES    BYE  JOHN  GORE

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 06:16:24 PM »
Hello again John

I think I recollect the name Gladys, I was there about 1964 or 65 I'm not sure of the exact year. As I said I was only there for about six months.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Janetbrown

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 01:54:33 PM »
HELLO MY  NAME  IS  JOHN  GORE  b  1942  LIVED  109  INKEMAN  ST  TILL  1964  WENT  TO  LOXTON  SCHOOL  PLAYED  CHESS  FOR  THE  SCHOOL 
ALSO  IN  INKERMAN  ST  LIVED  IN   HOUSE  WITH  A  GARDEN  NEAREST  ERSKINE  ST   REMEMBER  MY  DADS  LOCAL  THE  BRIT   THE  SHOE  REPAIRERS
FURTHER  DOWN  THE  ROAD       AND  A  LITTLE  BIT  FURTHER  A  GAP  FOR  SOME  GARAGES  WHERE  I  KEPT  MY  LAMBRETTA  SCOOTER  IN  THE
EARLY  60s    STILL   HAVE  MANY  MORE  MEMORIES  OF  THE  STREET  DOES  ANY  ONE  REMEMBER  ME   BYE  JOHN
JanB

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy