Author Topic: kings heath lost friend  (Read 11865 times)

john lincoln

kings heath lost friend
« on: February 10, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »
hi folks, just found this site. I'm trying to find an old friend from the 1970s whom I used to visit  on Avenue Road, Kings Heath. Tried a few "archives" with little success so I hope someone out there can help me. Her maiden name was DEAKIN. Her initials were S.A.D. and the lady would have been about 21 back in 1974. It's been a long time since we were in contact. I have just retired and thought I had lots of time to right a wrong but my medicine man isn't so sure. If anyone can help me find S.A.D, I would be grateful.
He Gave Me Today … I Hope He Lets Me Have Tomorrow !!

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: kings heath lost friend
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:40:10 PM »
John

Have you tries 192.com you will have to pay a small fee, but it might be worth it.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john lincoln

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
John

Have you tries 192.com you will have to pay a small fee, but it might be worth it.
Thanks for the reply phil. It is a site I have looked at using. This really is all new to me, brought on by finding some old slides and photos while clearing my parents house. S.A.D was special and I just wonder how her life panned out. I guess I'm just an old romantic silver surfer !!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »
John

We all have memories and the older we get the "what if" ones seem to recur the most often, I think you will find 192.com could be a valuable tool in your search. The trouble with most researchers on sites like this their research resources are mostly earlier than the dates you are looking for. Though don't give up hope, someone yet might come up with the goods.

Can I just point out because of data protection legislation can I ask if the person you are searching for is still living not to post any facts about them that you may discover without their permission. Could I ask anyone that may have information for you top observe the same rules and could you please exchange such information via the messaging system. John you may have to make a few more posts before the messaging system becomes available to you.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

john lincoln

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »
Thanks Phil, I will try not to even bend the rules. I would love to be able to  sit in a Birmingham library going through archives but sitting 150 miles to the east ( and sjightly north) means it is difficult. Just keep guiding me !!!

townie

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
John you have to tread very carefully. This lady may be married with a family. She may not want to bring up the past.   
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

john lincoln

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:39:55 PM »
Thanks for the post townie. The points you highlighted were already on my radar, along with a few others. I realise there is a can of worms waiting to be opened, but it will stay sealed until I can be 100% sure no damage will be done.

john lincoln

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 04:38:29 PM »
Hope to make a bit of progress as I've got a few hours with a "family tree" expert this weekend !!! Thanks to all those reading my post for their integrity and for not posting "bogus" replies, a fate that has befallen a friend on another site.

planetmalc

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
Thanks to all those reading my post for their integrity and for not posting "bogus" replies, a fate that has befallen a friend on another site.

We're all pretty straight on here   -   even the Labour & Tory voters! ;D O0
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

townie

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
Even the Kangaroo court judge. O0
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

john lincoln

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 08:02:02 PM »
It's me seeking advice again from those of you with more experience with these posts. Went through the Main Boards and under Old Birmingham I found a thread for those looking for family and friends. Should I add my original post to this thread?  Phil, Townie, any advice please.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy