Author Topic: Does anybody have any old pics of Highfield Road Hall Green?  (Read 1048 times)

Bellmeadow

Does anybody have any old pics of Highfield Road Hall Green?
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:04:32 PM »
Does anybody have any old pictures of Highfield Road Hall Green?

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Does anybody have any old pics of Highfield Road Hall Green?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »
Bellmeadow,

What part of Highfield Rd and Rd and how old do you want them?
Make Love Not War

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »
Some more photos of Highfield Road through the years.
Make Love Not War

Bellmeadow

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 05:03:34 AM »
Thank you so much for sending the pictures of Highfield Road. I lived there in the mid seventies directly opposite the shops. I remember Mrs. self who owned the grocery  shop.

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »
Just the last few I have, including a late one of Highfield House just before it was demolished. It amused me because they made more fuss about the felling of the tree at the front of the house than thet did about demolishing a fine old building. Yet nothing was said about the 20 or 30 trees to the rear that were felled.
Make Love Not War

john williams

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 09:04:02 PM »
I lived on Highfield road opposite Mrs Self shop she sold almost everything but you had to be careful not to eat bad food or fall down holes in the floor.She always burnt food around the back and you had to watch out for the odd rat or two just in case you got attacked Mrs Self lived on Robin Hood lane I also remember Jacks fish and chip shop Jack and his sister sadly passed away from cancer his wife still lives around the corner from the new chip shop.The house on the corner which was knocked down for new houses was great we went to parties there twice a year and went on train rides around the garden,the house was offered to my mother as there was no further extended family to leave the home to but my mother said should felt it was wrong, I also looked after Mrs Ingram home and garden for her.I have loads more history of Highfield road