Author Topic: Houses in Witton Road  (Read 1224 times)

Terry Shaw

Houses in Witton Road
« on: March 04, 2016, 08:10:13 PM »
I was born at 504 Witton Road in 1945, between Kynocks and Haldford Drive, I am looking for old photographs of the houses, I think they were a row of 12 terraced houses with 2 entry's leading to 2 back yards, shared toilets and brew houses, some of the people living in the houses were! Astle, Hall, Hindly, the Astle family lodged with a Miss Walker, and we lodged with Tommy Orm, I would appreciate any help finding photos of these houses, or of the people who lived there,, I do remember Mr Astle taking lots of photos of the people in our yard around 1954-56, my parents had copies of them,  but sadly they were lost when we moved to Tame Road when the houses were demolished.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Houses in Witton Road
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »
Hi Terry

Welcome to you, I have had a good look in my collection of photos and a good look around the web, and although I know the location that you refer to I am unable to locate any images of the houses you describe, but that doesn't mean to say they are not out there somewhere.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terry Shaw

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »
Thanks for looking Phil, I knew it was a long shot but was worth a try, maybe someone else might come across a photo, or know of the people I have mentioned, the Amal and Higgs Motors were just around the corner from our house and I had an Auntie who worked at Higgs Motors, some of the people living down the Drive were! Brian Gould, Lewis Whiting, Billy and Brenda Rose and Margaret Timmings, I had a friend named Robert Pestridge, he was one day older than me but he died in an accident in France when he was a young man, his parents had something to do with the Amal.   

Terry Shaw

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 08:51:36 PM »
Sorry, it was Margaret Tipping! not Margaret Timmings.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy