Author Topic: Vincent Parade  (Read 349 times)

Ruberian

Vincent Parade
« on: March 08, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »
Hi, my mom Mary Evans was born in Vincent Parade in 1931 and lived there until their house was bombed. She later worked at Hall & Lanes during the 40's and often mentions happy days spent there. Just wondering if anyone remembers her or has any memories of Vincent Parade or Hall & Lanes that I could pass on to her. She is now 85 and as always lived in Brum.

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Vincent Parade
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:42:49 PM »
Hi Ruberian

I remember Vincent Parade, but not until after you mother was bombed out, I wasn't born until 1947 and by then they had built or were building the new maisonettes that replaced your mothers house. I also have a slight memory of Hall & Lanes the tin box makers on the corner of  Dymoke Street and Leopold Street but I think they went sometime in the mid 60's.

Sorry I don't remember anybody from Vincent Parade from your mothers time there, anybody that I knew would be from well after the war.
Make Love Not War

Ruberian

Re: Vincent Parade
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:28:12 AM »
Thanks for you reply  Phil, when my mom worked at Hall & Lanes I think they made toys, globes etc. I believe it was taken over and then later destroyed in a fire.