Author Topic: Sandy Lane or Bradford Street  (Read 1110 times)

Richinredditch

Sandy Lane or Bradford Street
« on: March 09, 2016, 11:57:25 AM »
Hi there,

I'm very new to this and I'm trying to do some family history, The family name was Williams, my granddad was named Les, the family had
betting shops in Sandy Lane & Bradford Street I'm looking for any old photos of the shops or anyone who can remember these shops as
I was bought up in Sandy Lane shop form 12 months old LOL.

Look forward to hearing if anyone can remember or has any pictures

Regards

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Sandy Lane or Bradford Street
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
Hi Rich

Welcome to the forum, I've never had much use for bookie shops though I've watched plenty of mates lose a packet in them. So I have never taken much notice of the various ones dotted around Birmingham even though I have a brother who is an area manager of a large bookmaking organisation. He tells me he has never bet on a horse race in his life.

As for your granddads shops the one at 200 Bradford Street next to the Adam & Eve pub I have a photo of, but it must have been taken before it was converted. As for the one on Sandy Lane at  number 100 between the café & Builder Supply even though the café on the corner of Sampson Rd North was a regular port of call I never noticed the Bookies, Sorry I can't come up with a photo of it.
Make Love Not War

Carol Ann Coleclough nee

Re: Sandy Lane or Bradford Street
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
Hi there,

I'm very new to this and I'm trying to do some family history, The family name was Williams, my granddad was named Les, the family had
betting shops in Sandy Lane & Bradford Street I'm looking for any old photos of the shops or anyone who can remember these shops as
I was bought up in Sandy Lane shop form 12 months old LOL.

Look forward to hearing if anyone can remember or has any pictures

Regards
hi
I lived in 98 Sandy Lane
Les Williams had the old chip next door to me  a Mr Arthur Sears live in the there  may of been a border of your Grand dads