Author Topic: PFI interesting  (Read 703 times)

wetdog

PFI interesting
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »
I can see a problem coming here and little appears to be being done about it http://www.pppforum.com/current-questions-about-pfi sorry looks like im slow off the mark on this one http://www.independent.co.uk/money/loans-credit/crippling-pfi-deals-leave-britain-222bn-in-debt-10170214.html

Bannion

Re: PFI interesting
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:43:23 PM »
Wetdog,

What problems can you foresee, and how will it affect Brum in particular?

wetdog

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »
not only bham but the UK for years to come , all I hear is PFI funded (I never looked to see what it was) , who is going to pay (tax payer) and why are these debts not shown on the national debt figures .

frederick

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
The people that loan not US but our governments the money. Will never get it back. Try working out how many year it will take to pay back an ever increasing loan.      ???

If our government owe money every other government owe money or steal it.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

wam

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »
The trick that works in this country is that the money isn't loaned to the government (local or national) but to the institution in question. You get a PFI to build a new hospital and if there's a loan involved it's made to the hospital trust that operates the hospital. Something similiar works with schools. These things were originally set out as being part public sector/ part private sector projects. That is, the new hospital would charge the government for NHS patients and either the individual or whichever scheme they belonged to for private patients. I'm not sure how that worked with schools but there must be some kind of contract system that guarantees that the school in question gets enough pupils fees from the government to justify the investment.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy