Author Topic: Uploading photos  (Read 6784 times)

townie

Uploading photos
« on: April 05, 2016, 08:04:43 PM »
Don't know about you but I find it impossible to upload photos on this forum. Obviously if people are having the same problem as me that means the forum are loosing many great and rare photos. There must be something someone can do on this forum to resize postings make the posting of photos bigger. There are one or two that can do this but that's to be expected.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Coastal

Re: Uploading photos
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 01:21:49 AM »
I use Lightroom 5, It's an Adobe photo editing program, If you have photo editing software it's easy, free software downloads  are available
Do unto others before they do unto you.

frederick

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »
I use Tinypics and resize to 640x480 then click on the second down IMG then copy and then paste under where you are typing in the forum reply box. I use it  for every photo I upload onto the forum and no problem.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

townie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
I have found 2 photos on the forum from different threads that I need to merge into a new post. Does anyone know how I can copy and paste into a new post? I can get the writing in but not the photos.

frederick

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 05:49:56 PM »
If on a desk top. Click the left side of the mouse upt curser at bottom right side of photo then move the curser across to the left and it should turn blue. Right click on mouse and a box will drop down, click copy go to where you want it left click on mouse then right click and it should be as you want it. Try that.   O0 O0

townie

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 05:57:12 PM »
Fred ive tried that thanks, and this is what comes up. * Unknown Pub.jpg (71.88 kB, 960x960 - viewed 268 times.)

frederick

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
townie,
I have just used the copy and paste process that I said to try with this photo from another thread. And as you can see it does the trick      O0 

It hasn't worked       :-[

Coastal

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 11:28:41 AM »
Have you tried downloading and save, then upload to new thread.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »
Yes Fred

You will have to save a copied photo to your photo file on your own computer before you can upload it to another thread on here.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Steve

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
Townie, this is what I do and it always works.

Go to www.tinypic.com.  Click 'browse'.   Your pictures files will open. Click the pic you want, it turns blue.

Click open at bottom of pictures window. The URL appears in tinypic. Click the green upload box.

Type the security code it shows you. Tinypic opens a new page with choices. click the second one down, it says IMG code for forums and message boards.

Hit reply on forum, select appropriate check box under reply window and right click, select paste from drop down menu.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

townie

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
Is anyone else having problems uploading photos using tinypics? Thankyou

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy