Author Topic: Corporation Street  (Read 1158 times)

Mogmeister

Corporation Street
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
During the 70's there used to be a Yates Wine Lodge  towards the bottom of Corporation Street on the right hand side , i am sure that a few doors up , there was another pub ( two pubs in one ) the down stairs was a beer keller and upstairs was a normal pub , can anyone remember and if so the name of the pub .
I know that there were other Beer Kellers in town , The Lowenbrau in Needless Alley,Mr Bills by the Alex and the Duck down the Hagley Road , but the name of this place escapes me , any ideas please.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Corporation Street
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
Mogmeister

I have to say that I cannot remember a pub of any sort near Yates on Corporation Street unless it appeared after I stopped using the pubs and clubs in town in the 70's. I do remember a beer keller in Cannon Street just down from Yates rear entrance which now I come to think of it must have been under of the Windsor.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Mogmeister

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:01:22 PM »
Hi Phil
Ive just found out , the pub was called Bogarts , beer keller downstairs , normal pub upstairs.

Mog.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »
Mogmeister

Bogarts was on New Street up near Victoria Square, I should know when it closed down we had a crew in there and their job was to strip the place back to the bare brick all five floors except the basement and what they did with that was to pile all the tables and chairs in the basement before the access was bricked up. There was another exit from the basement in Fire Escape Passage at the rear but as far as I am aware they are all still there. I'm sure I still have some of the hundreds of glasses that were left behind. This was about a year before I retired so it would have been about 2003.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy