Author Topic: Floozie in the jacuzzi  (Read 14686 times)

Scipio

Re: Floozie in the jacuzzi
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
Forget the fountain were is everybody going to park for the games

The same as where they are parking now Edmund in all the wrong places upon the pavements , grass verges etc
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2018, 12:17:27 PM »
no doubt the council will be borrowing yet more money to fund the games...demolishing perry barr flyover is going to cost us and create at least 2 years of traffic chaos...yes its a mess but surely it could have been cleaned up and given a lick of paint ..what i would like to know is what is going to be built in its place.people still need to get to the other side of the birchfield road to one stop shopping centre etc...i guess if the demo goes ahead (there is a petition ongoing to stop the demo) those shops are going to suffer badly...uni of birmingham perry barr now almost demolished to make way for the athletes village

lyn

Lyn is that still going on ? There was talk of demolishing that when I lived by the Barton Arms , I left there in 96 I cant believe they're still talking about demolition .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »
Scipio.its all about the Games .Now they Start to panic .Will they have it finished in time.Its always the same.When we moved here in 84 they had a thing called the Master Plan for the area.People were asked for their ideas for the Future of Thanet(as the area is called ) for 2000 .Theyvejust come out with the future after BREXIT and nothing has changed here since 1984
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2018, 02:34:40 PM »
Could I remind posters that this thread is not about the Commonwealth Games although they may be a spur for the investment in the city centre. Even so this thread is not primarily about that, but it is about as the title says the "Floozie in the Jacuzzi" or to give it it's correct name The River and the fact will it ever see water running down it's steps again. At the moment the thread seems to be running off in the direction of the games.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2018, 02:39:24 PM »
Have you never heard of making a Comparison between thing,This means comparing The money being spent on that and for what reason,and is it just for the Games.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

astoness

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
my fault phil...sorry....can you remove my post on post 757 and any others that mention the demo of perry barr flyover to its own thead if there is one if not could you create one please as i have a feeling we have not heard the last of this

thanks phil

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2018, 03:28:54 PM »
Lyn

If I was going to remove any threads I would have done so by now, both Roy and myself allow a certain deviation from the off topic rule but when a thread looks like it is heading off in another direction then we will step in.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2018, 06:04:05 PM »
ok phil thanks O0

JudithM

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »

Phil funny that the money just appeared for such an insignicant item , when the Paradise Development is at a standstill at the moment
Due to lack of cash

Paradise Development is still moving - albeit slowly.  Carillion, who were the main contractor, went bust so the buildings they were working on did stop for a while, then started again & now appear to have stopped again due to cashflow.  However, the roadworks themselves aren't affected & the tram extension is still on target (according to the weekly bulletins we get at work from the Metro Alliance.  It's the money for the private works that has run out, not the Council's so to speak.

As for the Floozie, water or not, I wish, like with Centenary Square, they'd reinstate some of the grassed area.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Hi De Hi

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 01:27:25 PM »
LOL, I like 'Bint in the Bath'.

Wench with a drench?

JudithM

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy