Author Topic: Floozie in the jacuzzi  (Read 14683 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Floozie in the jacuzzi
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2019, 08:41:08 PM »
she will look ok when she up and running
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Scipio

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
absolutely right...i have long since realised that all the work going on in the city centre is geared up for the commonwealth games..

I've never seen such an eyesore in all my life , get rid . Neither use nor ornament
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

astoness

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »

I've never seen such an eyesore in all my life , get rid . Neither use nor ornament

what i cant work out is why the powers that be are striving to retain the modern rubbish such as this yet so easily demolish the really old historical buildings...i cant help but think that if say 70 years ago they followed birminghams FORWARD motto that the city would be in a lot better shape than it is now plus a lot nicer to visit and admire >:( but what do i know...i avoid the city centre like the plague its so dam depressing especially on the routes of the new trams...they are like ghost towns...people are slowly being driven out of the lovely busy streets that us old uns remember along with businesses as well....crazy planning

lyn

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2019, 12:16:20 PM »
Lyn.Thats modern life,the youngsters of today haven't really got a clue,how to enjoy themselves unless they've got a phone  in their hands or some tablets as well.Think my G/children go to bed holding on to their phones.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »
I don't know about "modern art" but I would class The Floozie in the Jacuzzi as almost Rubenesque, lets not forget that the statue is only one part of "The River". There is plenty about modern Birmingham that I don't like but The River to give it its correct name is not one of them.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »
nothing last for ever change has to come  and when they change the face of brum in the next 50 years the kids of today who will have took our place with think the same 

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2019, 05:28:23 PM »
That's very true Roy.Providing it tells them on their phone.But wait the kids of today all think the world will end in 10 years time because of Global Warming.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

GardenGerald

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2019, 09:11:33 PM »
Hello Lyn..This is your friend Gerald ???
We know what has caused the damage and its not over yet. Wait till you see the road closure notices.
A lot more buildings to be knocked down. Latest trick is to knock on a door and tell the property owner we will be
 knocking your house down in a month. We will give you a hundred thousand pounds. The property is a 5 bedroomed detached house.
The owner asks what are they expected to do and why the robbery. Go and rent somewhere or go into a bed and breakfast.
I spoke to someone in Westminster about this yesterday. Could you give me contact details for the owner of the other forum please.
Lyn look at a map showing route and curves into Curzon Street.
Hope you are feeling much better. Best wishes,
Gerald.

Scipio

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2019, 09:14:45 PM »
nothing last for ever change has to come  and when they change the face of brum in the next 50 years the kids of today who will have took our place with think the same

Yes Roy I can imagine their conversations in fifty years time , I see that square box that used to be on the corner of Corporation St has been knocked down , with a reply that went yes but they are building another two oblongs in Hill St .
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2019, 10:09:59 PM »
are we doing what our ancestors did when we put a topic up on this forum and we speak about how things are now and the face of brum  how its changing they put it in books for us to read  and in perhaps a 100 or 200 years time some one will find this forum in a computer  or on a hard disk   and play it back  just like we do now with old films and one day they will get rid of the  Floozie in the jacuzzi and it will be just a block of stone that took up a space in brum center

Scipio

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
are we doing what our ancestors did when we put a topic up on this forum and we speak about how things are now and the face of brum  how its changing they put it in books for us to read  and in perhaps a 100 or 200 years time some one will find this forum in a computer  or on a hard disk   and play it back  just like we do now with old films and one day they will get rid of the  Floozie in the jacuzzi and it will be just a block of stone that took up a space in brum center

I don't know why they don't do that now Roy a lump of stone possibly with names of the dead from the pub bombings for instance, I don't think they have a day to day reminder of that do they ? Far better than some nonesuch that only works when there is a national or worldy event in Birmingham
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy