Author Topic: Floozie in the jacuzzi  (Read 14728 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Floozie in the jacuzzi
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2019, 09:38:11 PM »
I read in today's Birmingham Mail that "The River" the water feature known better as the Floozie in the Jacuzzi is to be switched back on after the Council has secured the money to stop the leaks from the governments £1.8 billion Transforming Cities Fund. That's if they don't find another us for the cash between now and it being switched back on, which will apparently be after the German Christmas Market packs up and leaves this year.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
I read in today's Birmingham Mail that "The River" the water feature known better as the Floozie in the Jacuzzi is to be switched back on after the Council has secured the money to stop the leaks from the governments £1.8 billion Transforming Cities Fund. That's if they don't find another us for the cash between now and it being switched back on, which will apparently be after the German Christmas Market packs up and leaves this year.

Phil why don't they give the money to the German market not to come ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

astoness

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2019, 06:57:49 AM »
never mind about getting the floozie flowing again...how about councillor ian ward sorts out some funding to save the golden lion that still lies lanquishing in cannon hill park...just proves what is more important to the powers that be...absolutely disgraceful >:(

lyn

mike mancott

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2019, 09:11:46 AM »
Scipio, most men would like a switched-on floozie.

Spud

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2019, 09:42:20 AM »
Believe the Council have now got the funding for The Floozie to flow once more. The wife can now go back to her old job!!!!
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

mike mancott

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »
Dublin had a "Floozie" statue in O`Connel Street, until it was moved to Croppies Memorial Park.
And of course, Brussels has the famous Manneken Pis.
Be good to keep Brum`s fun Floozie? 

mike mancott

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »
And lots more fun statues in other world cities:

https//blog.businesstripfriend.com>article>top-11-best-sculptures-of-co...

JudithM

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
When I heard this news my first thought was 'I bet it will be repaired just in time for the Commonwealth Games".  Cynical?
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »
When I heard this news my first thought was 'I bet it will be repaired just in time for the Commonwealth Games".  Cynical?

Judith

Its exactly what I said somewhere else on the forum, it might have been on the thread dealing with the Commonwealth Games.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2019, 06:12:16 AM »
absolutely right...i have long since realised that all the work going on in the city centre is geared up for the commonwealth games..

JudithM

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
absolutely right...i have long since realised that all the work going on in the city centre is geared up for the commonwealth games..
I just wonder, once the Games have passed & things become in need of repair will they be fixed ASAP or left for several years again?
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy