Author Topic: Re: Eric Blockley  (Read 2447 times)

juliem999

Re: Eric Blockley
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:18:42 AM »
My Dad Eric Blockley originally from Balsall Heath sadly passed way on May 6th after a long battle with cancer. He was 83. Anyone wishing to know more please feel free to contact me. Julie Pierce (re. BLOCKLEY)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Re: Eric Blockley
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:52:42 PM »
My Dad Eric Blockley originally from Balsall Heath sadly passed way on May 6th after a long battle with cancer. He was 83. Anyone wishing to know more please feel free to contact me. Julie Pierce (re. BLOCKLEY)

Julie

I knew your father well, and considered him a gentleman in every sense of the word. So I am sincerely distressed and sorry to hear the  news  of his passing, please accept my condolences. 

Julie I hope you don't mind, but I've split this to a separate topic as it was a little out of place where it was.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Moseley Man

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:48:40 PM »
Hi,
Was this Eric Blockley 6EWB on a Merc Upper Balsall Heath Rd?
My Dad owned Maypole Precision Products in the same Road.
I am sorry for your loss.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »
Moseley Man

Yes that was Eric, he started business in Mary Street in the 50's,  then he moved sometime later to the old sweet factory in Vincent Parade and then when that was demolished he had new premises built next to the Waggon & Horses at the top of Balsall Heath Rd. He Also later had several shops scattered around Birmingham as outlets for the lighting he manufactured.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Moseley Man

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:34:19 PM »
Thank you, didn`t know too much about him but he took his staff on Friday for a drink and a sandwich in the Pub up the Road.
I worked a few factories down from him, he seemed a confident businessman.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »
As I have said Eric was a gentleman in every sense of the word. I knew him from when he and his brother Barry started up in business at the back of their house in Mary Street and my uncle (same age as myself) started work for him at 15 when leaving school.

I know that Eric used to use the Castle & Falcon every dinner time for his lunch and that he sometimes used it at night. Though I don't know if he used any of the other pubs nearer Eastern Rd Selly Park where he lived at that time, because as far as I could tell he spent every waking moment at his factory.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

ste_2402

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »
Hi Julie lm sure Eric is same guy l did work experience for in his lighting factory back in 1996 ish he used to take on work placements from enta training centre in Birmingham

juliem999

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 06:15:22 PM »
Hi,
Was this Eric Blockley 6EWB on a Merc Upper Balsall Heath Rd?
My Dad owned Maypole Precision Products in the same Road.
I am sorry for your loss.
Yes..Dad did have a Merc 6EWB. Thankyou for your kind comments. Julie

juliem999

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 06:17:10 PM »
Hi Julie lm sure Eric is same guy l did work experience for in his lighting factory back in 1996 ish he used to take on work placements from enta training centre in Birmingham
Yes my Dad did employ work placements from Enta...so you have the right man. Julie

juliem999

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »
As I have said Eric was a gentleman in every sense of the word. I knew him from when he and his brother Barry started up in business at the back of their house in Mary Street and my uncle (same age as myself) started work for him at 15 when leaving school.

I know that Eric used to use the Castle & Falcon every dinner time for his lunch and that he sometimes used it at night. Though I don't know if he used any of the other pubs nearer Eastern Rd Selly Park where he lived at that time, because as far as I could tell he spent every waking moment at his factory.
Thankyou Phil for your kind comments.
Julie

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy