Author Topic: Adrian Cottages  (Read 2917 times)

castalla

Adrian Cottages
« on: July 03, 2016, 07:00:00 PM »
Found out my Grandfather lived in Adrian Cottages which were off Kings Heath High street, and I believe they were in the region of the old picture house facing Grange road (where the family moved in in 1914 īsif anybody got any photos of this area in nthe 1900īs or photos of said Cottages /road[/font]

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Adrian Cottages
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »
Hi Castella

Sorry I can't come up with a photo for you, photos of back terraces are always much harder to find than those of street frontage properties. I can however pinpoint the location of Adrian Cottages a little better for you.

If you look at the attached map you will see the terrace between Popular Road and Heathfield Rd. I know the row of cottages facing Adrian terrace that were named Hoddesdon Place were accessed from the High Street because I have attached a photo showing that access. So I am assuming that Adrian Cottages were accessed from the High Street also, but sorry no photo. It seems that both terraces of cottages were swallowed up under the car park extension of the supermarket when it was built sometime in the 70's perhaps.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mikejee

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 12:06:09 AM »
Phil.
This map shows they were

castalla

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »
Thank you both for your help, well detailed maps I would not know where to of started.[/font]
 [/font]
Itīs nice to see where my ancestors used to live.[/font]
 [/font]
Do either of you know where I might look to see if there are any photos of said cottages ?,[/font]
 [/font]
Thank you in advance [/font]

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:22:18 AM »
Castella

It depends on where you live, if you live in Birmingham you could try the central Library and ask them to do a search for you. I think that they charge for this service now and I think it may take some time.  Mikejee or Astoness would be able to tell you more about that. You could pop into the library and search through every pictorial history book of Kings Heath in the hope that you will find what you are looking for. More than that I'm sorry I can't help.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

juliaeve

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »

Hi Castalla
Just found out my grandfather lived there also! At no.13. Do you know which number? His name was Herbert Stallard. Any relation?

Found out my Grandfather lived in Adrian Cottages which were off Kings Heath High street, and I believe they were in the region of the old picture house facing Grange road (where the family moved in in 1914 īsif anybody got any photos of this area in nthe 1900īs or photos of said Cottages /road[/font]

castalla

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 03:12:04 PM »
Hi Castalla
Just found out my grandfather lived there also! At no.13. Do you know which number? His name was Herbert Stallard. Any relation?

When i looked at the 1901 census my grandfather lived at number 13 Adrian Cottage but Stallard is no relation

juliaeve

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »

wow that's weird. I'll ask my dad what year he lived there. Is Mushing a name you recognise?

When i looked at the 1901 census my grandfather lived at number 13 Adrian Cottage but Stallard is no relation

castalla

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 03:00:04 PM »
Sorry i dont know anybody from Adrian Cottages, only found out a couple of years ago doing my Family History and looking at the 1901 census, did not know where my Granddad lived up until then sorry, don't know when they were demolished either

juliaeve

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 04:01:19 PM »
I just find it amazing that both our grandfathers lived in the same house!

AngieT

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 11:03:01 PM »
Hi Castalla

Hi I have just found out that my great great grandfather and great grandfather, Albert Musgrove and Albert William Musgrove lived at 10 Adrian Cottages x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy