Author Topic: Saving Moor Street Station  (Read 24431 times)

JudithM

Re: Saving Moor Street Station
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »
Have you seen the proposed re-development -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-47595029

It looks like it's still in the consultation/planning stage at the moment, but it's set to tie in with the HS2 development.  They are keeping the old parts of the station, just adding new bits to it to deal with the expected rise in passenger numbers & trains.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

townie

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2019, 01:55:43 PM »
I think they have to keep the front of the building as its listed.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

GardenGerald

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
Hello Judith.
Do you find it easy to understand what is to take place with the railway stations in Birmingham.
HS2 will go into a new Curzon Street station.. People will be able to walk from Moor Street to
Curzon Street and vice versa. Where will the trains go to from Moor Street, will it just be the ones mentioned now.
It will be many years before this work is complete. In Water Orton they have to move the main gas pipe line,
this will take over one year. HS2 fom Castle Bromwich to Washwood heath will take over three years.
With Moor Street they could get on with the work now and get trains running.
HS2 will save 23 minutes journey time but less now because it will run more slowly because of electrical
problems. 4.000 trees to be planted to replace some of the trees dug up. Hows Solihull looking Phil now HS2 are at work.
Hope they get on with Moor Street. HS2 might soon finish, some of the workers have said they might soon be out of
work......Gerald.

JudithM

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2019, 01:14:34 PM »
Hello Judith.
Do you find it easy to understand what is to take place with the railway stations in Birmingham.
HS2 will go into a new Curzon Street station.. People will be able to walk from Moor Street to
Curzon Street and vice versa. Where will the trains go to from Moor Street, will it just be the ones mentioned now.
It will be many years before this work is complete. In Water Orton they have to move the main gas pipe line,
this will take over one year. HS2 fom Castle Bromwich to Washwood heath will take over three years.
With Moor Street they could get on with the work now and get trains running.
HS2 will save 23 minutes journey time but less now because it will run more slowly because of electrical
problems. 4.000 trees to be planted to replace some of the trees dug up. Hows Solihull looking Phil now HS2 are at work.
Hope they get on with Moor Street. HS2 might soon finish, some of the workers have said they might soon be out of
work......Gerald.

Yes, I think it'll be many years before the extension to Moor Street is completed - or even started - but at least there is already the land waiting to be used.  It's been a scrappy bit of land used as car parking for goodness knows how long.

Some of the trains will continue on through Moor Street to Snow Hill & beyond but I think the majority will terminate there - as you say, it'll then be a short walk to the HS2 terminal.  I think the main restriction for Moor Street is the tunnel though to Snow Hill - you can't exactly widen it!

JudithM

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »
I think they have to keep the front of the building as its listed.
It's not stopped people in the past  >:(

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2019, 05:10:25 PM »
It's all about what the Councillersare offered..If you know what I mean .Cough Cough
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

GardenGerald

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2019, 06:22:07 PM »
Hello Ed
4 Railway stations in Birmingham, must be expecting a lot of business to move to Brum.
Where will all that be built.
Wave the flag and blow the whistle.
Gerald.

JudithM

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2019, 01:12:11 PM »
Hello Ed
4 Railway stations in Birmingham, must be expecting a lot of business to move to Brum.
Where will all that be built.
Wave the flag and blow the whistle.
Gerald.

We already have a lot of vacant office space in the City Centre and Broad Street area & there are many developments already underway - several of which are awaiting tenants.  The whole Moor Street area is already earmarked for developments too, as are parts of Digbeth.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy