Author Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 18851 times)

Aitch

Dreadlocks
« on: March 13, 2008, 01:57:46 PM »
Hello to all who care to read this short message.
I love dreadlocks. Does anybody know where I can get them done in Birmingham?

Many thanks 

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Dreadlocks
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »
Hi Aitch and welcome

I think they look terrible, but each to his own I suppose. None of my elders liked it when I wore my hair long.

In answer to your question, I havent a clue,  but if I were looking to have this done to my hair. I would look in the phone directory for Handswoth. I am assuming that you live in Birmingham of course.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

me

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »
Do poeple pay money to have that done?   :o, I thought they just happened if you didnt wash or comb your hair. :)

rosalita

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »
Sorry, but I don't like dreds.
I don't find anything appealing about them. I hope
you reconsider.

rosalita

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 12:59:34 AM »
Are you sure about the not washing them thing?
Do poeple pay money to have that done?   :o, I thought they just happened if you didnt wash or comb your hair. :)

me

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »
Well i've known a few people with dreds and i only ever saw them spraying perfume on them , so i dread (no pun intended) to think.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
There have been many hairstyles in the past that I thought odd and wierd.  As I say a lot of people objected and disliked my hair when I wore it long.

The thing is, each to his own and as long as you like it yourself and are prepared to take some little amount of stick for it then, Why worry?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »
Well i've known a few people with dreds and i only ever saw them spraying perfume on them , so i dread (no pun intended) to think.
I think people wash their hair with the dreads in...

many young people - new hippy types - are getting it done these days.
No, I don't like it either, but it's only the outer...the person might be great.

Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Flug

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 08:09:04 AM »
Come on you Brummies.....tell the lad where to get his dreadlocks done......there must be a hairdresser somewhere in Birmingham

Bannion

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »
Flug,
Not sure of the numbers of us who are still in the area of Brum itself to advise Aitch of a suitable place.  That would be one hurdle, the other would be age on the male side.  Guess a lack of matting on top, at this time of age, to warrant their attendance to such places, that deal with such youthful matters.

Aitch,
Hope this was not a passing posting.  Look to more involvement on the site from you on other matters apart from hair affairs.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »
I've already suggested that he try the phone book for the Handsworth area. There must be any number of shops where he could get his hair styled into dreadlocks.

They are quite popular in Birmingham now, Ive noticed several lads of different nationalities sporting them.

Why not?  we seem to have tried everything else.  If I were a bit younger I might try them myself.  Mind you I don't think the wife would be very happy.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy