Author Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 18857 times)

jasper14

Re: Dreadlocks
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »

I consider people especially ladies who have grey hair as lucky, same
as  wrinkles they are well earned.........like a medal!
I can count how many I have, thats apprx  two dozen on right side..
Went Blonde 3 years ago but the root upkeep was to dear so am back
to normal.......................

john2000

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
Yes, it surprising what you can buy in a bottle these days,

my woman was doing her hair, ( jet black) to get rid of the grays, I said yes it looks OK, ( true), she said shall I do yours, and like an idiot I said yes OK, but not black,
so when we did the shopping we /I saw a colour I thought was not too dark, a very light brown, ( well I ant 21 any more so the colour would look OK,) well she did it for me, and now even after several months its still there, but it wasn't the light colour I wanted, it was a very dark brown ( it looked like a bloody wig,), but as time goes by it starts to fade, now its looking a little better..but not to worry, there guy acouple of doors down the road, has started a sports shop, in the village, and to look as if he is with it sort of thing, he coloured his hair...Green/yellow, prat....J2 :2funny:
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Bannion

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
Lucky or not, I have gone completely white/grey and I am quite happy with it.
If I am out in the sun a lot then it bleaches quite nicely.  Winter time the grey does darken a bit.
No all in all, they can keep what they sell in the bottle as far as I'm concerned.
Now if only the eyebrows went grey. :-\

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 02:50:07 PM »
I only ever dyed my hair once, and that as when I was about sixteen. The colour I chose was very similar to the one mazbeth has chosen. I also chose to pierce my ear at the same time (a darning needle and cork job) when it was done I wore a sleeper with a cross attached to it.

I thought I looked quite good and thought it suited me, until I started getting a lot of admirers. You might think that was the desired effect, well it was but the trouble is they were of the wrong gender.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
i have a friend in town and he is bald the same as me and we share a wig it's his turn to wash it,    ;D   o yes it's got dreadlocks.    ;D   8)
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Bannion

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
Fred,
Must be a saving to be able to wash one's face and head at the same time without going to the expense of hair shampoo.   Bet the dreadlocks tickle the missus in more ways that one ;D

Bit late in the season, I know, but I have just had my hair cut very short so it is easier to wash and dry.  As the weather seems to have now turned to autumn, looks like I have made a mistake and a cold ahead is waiting for me.

tramp

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »
There are very few dreadlocks here, mainly for cleanliness reasons. Neither are Dominicans particularly keen on anything that is strongly African influenced.  This is a direct result of the 22 year long occupation by Haiti, and the latent threat of another million Haitains walking across the border - over a million have come from there in dribs and drabs during the last 10-12 years, and they are generally hard working and productive.   We employ a Haitian lady who came here legally with a 3 month visa, 18 years ago with a babe in her arms.  I'm so happy for her and her daughter that we have just succeeded in legalising her situation and they now have national ID cards, and residence permits,  which mean that her daughter can start university next January. 

I'll never have dreadslocks, as I like to wash my hair every day, and so I keep it ''a la Bannion''.  It's also more comfortable in the heat.

tramp

MichaelIandI

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
Hi!

I can make Dreadlocks it's quite long time to do this but if u want it's will does't metter.

i live in Smethwick. so give me private message if you have any questions.

dreadlocks can WASH!!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Hi Michael

The member who started this thread only ever made one post (this one) and was never heard from again. So I doubt that after three and a half years that he will be making a reply to your offer. So that being said, welcome to the forum.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »
Chances are, he got his dreadlocks and is still looking for someone who'll employ him.  :-\         

Dreadlocks  -  a real interview-killer!  :o
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
Malc

Why should style of dress or hair have anything to do with getting a job. I would have thought the ability to do that job and be good at it more important. I remember years ago applying for a job. I arrived for the interview with shoulder length hair and a purple three piece suit.

I had the interview answered all the questions promptly and correctly, I had all the correct qualifications for the job and and previous experience. The end of the interview came we shook hands and I left with the usual "We'll let you know". On the way out the door I heard a laugh and the one pillock say to the other We can strike Mick Jagger off then.

I knew then that I wouldn't be getting the job, the fact that the outfit I was wearing probably cost more than both of them would spend in a year on clothing and that prior to the interview I had spent the equivalent of half a weeks wages at the hairdressers where they would spend probably 5 bob mattered for nought as far as they were concerned I was a joke.

Thankfully when years later when I interviewed people for jobs, I was only interested if they could do the job and it mattered not to me if they were wearing old sacks and their hair was died green.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy