Author Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 18850 times)

Flug

Re: Dreadlocks
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:57:16 AM »
Now that you must be nearly 28 Phil, I think it's time to put aside these childish things and, well have it all shaved off. I hear that Mr Sheen does the trick once it's all off.(But keep your head up at night or you might look like a headlight!)

tramp

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »
Phil,

It's still Spring, the time of new growth and vitality, and depite Flug trying to put a damper on in your idea, I recommend that you go for it young man, but don't conform - you never have done I reckon - have your dreds tinted, not a single tone for each, far from it, have red, white and blue...done artistically, you could have the most patriotic mop in town, and when you run, the Union Jack would be flying proudly in the breeze.

glowflow

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »
Hi
I am a female of a considerable age - I have tried every hairstyles starting from young to present age - I have now settled for dreadlocks - October will be 1 year since I started my dread - I started by cutting my natural hair short - I then went to a loctician who gel twisted my hair and the loc started from their.  I regularly visited the loctician to wash and retwist my lock

My locks is now about 6inches long - I wash it very week - I see the loctician monthly to retwist the new growth,

Dreadlocks is fabulous if looked after.

Lovely dreads

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »
Hi glowflow,

Welcome to the forum, what is considerable age and why did you wait until now to try dreadlocks. I would have thought that they were the young peoples domain. There again what do I know?

Its a pity that Aitch hasn't posted since march as you could tell him where you get your dreads done.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »
Hi
I am a female of a considerable age - I have tried every hairstyles starting from young to present age - I have now settled for dreadlocks - October will be 1 year since I started my dread - I started by cutting my natural hair short - I then went to a loctician who gel twisted my hair and the loc started from their.  I regularly visited the loctician to wash and retwist my lock

My locks is now about 6inches long - I wash it very week - I see the loctician monthly to retwist the new growth,

Dreadlocks is fabulous if looked after.

Lovely dreads
well, as you said you were of 'considerable age' I admire your flair  ;D O0
Welcome!!

I have recently coloured my hair black/red, and it came out quite well, I am pleased with it.

Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »
mazbeth

I have to say going by the photo, it has taken years off you.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »
mazbeth,

that is a nice colour it is a statement or should i say positive.   O0     8)
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

mazbeth

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 12:04:10 AM »
mazbeth

I have to say going by the photo, it has taken years off you.

Phil
you would be right if it were me...sadly I have to admit it's not  :-\

:D
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

mazbeth

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 12:05:56 AM »
mazbeth,

that is a nice colour it is a statement or should i say positive.   O0     8)
well, let's say my grey roots came out metallic purple  :o and I was really pleased with that for some reason [I do like purples and pinks]

my previous colours, more mahoghaney...the grey seemed to come out orangey...not good! :(

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 12:19:39 AM »
My wife has platinum blond hair, even now at her age. It is 100% natural and always has been. The thing is nobody believes that it is natural. If she uses a new hairdresser she has to go through the "oh your hairs natural stage"

She is now beginning to worry that it looks a bit too much for her age and she is thinking of having it tinted.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 12:28:32 AM »
My wife has platinum blond hair, even now at her age. It is 100% natural and always has been.
wow...she is a fortunate woman...

my husband was blond, so only now [at 57] is he beginning to show grey more strongly [or white, as blonds tend to go]

because my hair is [was?] very dark,  grey started coming through when I was about 21, sadly...although I since found out that is connected to the thyroid problem.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy