Author Topic: A4540 Belgrave Middleway - Traffic Light Camera  (Read 2945 times)

lm126

A4540 Belgrave Middleway - Traffic Light Camera
« on: August 09, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
Hi!

I've recently moved to Birmingham, starting a job here after finishing university. I thought it would make sense to join this forum considering I'm not from here (I originally come from the north east, went to university in Cumbria for 4 years and now I live here!).

The first question I have to ask is about them pesky cameras; more specifically the red traffic light camera on Belgrave Middleway. The lights turned from amber to red as I passed through - some guy was tailgating me so if I stopped he would have certainly went into the back of me. I was wondering if this camera even worked? I saw no flash, and I'm 70% sure that I'm probably ok, but there again it was sunny so any flash could easily have been missed. I'm aware a lot of the speed cameras don't work round here, but I don't go around driving above the speed limit.

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: A4540 Belgrave Middleway - Traffic Light Camera
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 06:51:24 PM »
hi I'm 126     
                   welcome to the forum    that's a hard ask I'm sure no one knows but you will know for sure in the next two or three weeks if so come back and let us know  roy
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

townie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »
Don't be an amber gambler. If you get rear ended there is only one person to blame.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

cocacolakid

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:54:26 PM »
Hi!

I've recently moved to Birmingham, starting a job here after finishing university. I thought it would make sense to join this forum considering I'm not from here (I originally come from the north east, went to university in Cumbria for 4 years and now I live here!).

The first question I have to ask is about them pesky cameras; more specifically the red traffic light camera on Belgrave Middleway. The lights turned from amber to red as I passed through - some guy was tailgating me so if I stopped he would have certainly went into the back of me. I was wondering if this camera even worked? I saw no flash, and I'm 70% sure that I'm probably ok, but there again it was sunny so any flash could easily have been missed. I'm aware a lot of the speed cameras don't work round here, but I don't go around driving above the speed limit.

Amber light means STOP, it seems a lot of drivers forget this after passing their test, or choose to ignore it!!  Townies words on this are very true.
                                                                                                                                                               Malc
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

wam

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
The camera on Belgrave Middleway may or may not be working but it's not a "red light"camera.  If it's working and you were on anything other than a bike you could be in for a fine. The camera I'm thinking of is on a post by the crossing in front of the mosque pointing across the middleway. It's a bus lane camera and it's supposed to be one of the first they're enforcing outside the city centre.
http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=Highways-and-Maintenance%2FPageLayout&cid=1223483890767&pagename=BCC%2FCommon%2FWrapper%2FInlineWrapper

Trouble is the page referenced above has no date to it so I don't know if they'r bringing back enforcement or if this is an old page referring to something they may no longer enforce.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy