Author Topic: Moving to Birmingham :3 Looking for friends  (Read 2072 times)

Baruto

Moving to Birmingham :3 Looking for friends
« on: August 24, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Hey everyone : )[/size]
My name is Bart. In mid September I will be moving to Birmingham (From Poland)
I lived in Coventry for about one year. But after all it wasn`t what I was looking for. So I made my decision about Birmingham.

The problem is that I don`t really know anything about Birmingham as a city. And on top of that I don`t know single person from there.

So, umm. I thought that I could make some internet friends. It would be less horrible if I`ll know someone there before flight, I guess.
I would love to talk with you about exciting places to visit, how to spend free time. But friendship itself would be great as well ; )

I should say a little bit more about me : )

Actually my name is Bartosz/Bartek. But I got used to be called "Bart". Well, it was easier and I didn`t really mind.
I am almost 21 years old, but I guess that I don`t look mature.
I like weeaboo things ^^ Like manga and anime. Although I don`t spend that much time on it. I also like worldviews books. Like Nietzsche`s or Jean Paul Sartre`s.
I don`t like clubs, strong alcohols, and tomatoes. 

I don`t care about your gender, skin color, nationality or religion. All I want is the chance to know you better : )

If you feel like we could chat a bit please contact me :)

Snapchat: Bartuo
If you prefer other way just post a comment here :)

Have a nice evening~~! <3

ps. Please forgive me my grammar mistakes ;__; My english isn`t really imppresive.

Coastal

Re: Moving to Birmingham :3 Looking for friends
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 12:59:39 AM »
Baruto, welcome to the forum, (I do not want to put you off, but) although some forum members do live in Birmingham, some of us have moved on, we are ex Brummies (a Brummie is someone "from" Birmingham) but you will find us a friendly bunch, ask a question anytime, someones bound to know the answer, for example where is the nearest Polish shop, the only one I know is in Perry Barr, but if you let us know what you want and where, someone will answer, we will also be able to advise on other subjects and areas, for example I live in Wales, stick with us and give us a chance, once again Welcome.
📷 My photos on Flickr 📷 https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

✳ Heaven is where the Sea meets the Land ✳

TPT.50

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 07:46:54 AM »
Bart,   I'm sure you will fit in as there's PLENTY of Polish people here, as I'm sure most of our members will agree, or at least those living in Brum at this present time?

PS,   Have you already organised a home and employment here?

Baruto

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:35:53 AM »
Actually I didn`t find anything yet. I mean. Won`t they complain about that I am still in Poland?
I was planning to stay few first nights at hostel : ) So I could look around for some rooms without rush. I thought it would be better idea to visualy check room first.
About employment. I dont think that it will be that much of a trouble. As long as I will have my own bed it should be fine :3

Thank you a lot for your posts, guys. It really made me feel better that there is someone I could ask about all those stuff that might become problematic : )

Coastal

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, you can trust your eyes, but descriptions and even photographs can be misleading.

pat11

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
There is a large Polish population in Erdington which is only 20 minutes on the bus from the City Centre.  One or two Polish Supermarkets as well in the High Street of Erdington.

A lot of people on this site are Pensioners so are not your age group.

Best wishes for your move.
Kindness is the best feature

TPT.50

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »
Yes Pat,     I'm SURE the people of Erdington will welcome another Pole with open arms, after all there are TONS of them there already, what's another 1 after all?

pat11

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:44:18 PM »
The Polish immigrants have fitted in very well especially filling our once half empty churches.
Kindness is the best feature

TPT.50

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 05:14:36 PM »
And our empty houses.

brumdave

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »
No one complained when they flew Spitfires in the Battle of Britain.

Coastal

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »
And if you took all the Polish people out of Birmingham, there would be a severe shortage of buses on the road.