Author Topic: Looking for Parents  (Read 1662 times)

DJC

Looking for Parents
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:56:40 PM »
Looking for parents of Mary (Karen) Abbott, abandoned in Dec 1967 in Abbortsford Road, Sparkbrook, Birmingham Area. Found by a gentleman called Mr Albert Smallwood (Milkman) and taken to the Sorrento Nursing Home, Moseley in Dec 1967. Any information would be treated in strict confidence. Simply trying desperately trying to find information to have closure.

Somerville

Re: Looking for Parents
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:20:24 PM »
Looking for parents of Mary (Karen) Abbott, abandoned in Dec 1967 in Abbortsford Road, Sparkbrook, Birmingham Area. Found by a gentleman called Mr Albert Smallwood (Milkman) and taken to the Sorrento Nursing Home, Moseley in Dec 1967. Any information would be treated in strict confidence. Simply trying desperately trying to find information to have closure.
  Hi,
  I am sorry to be a pessimist but at the time Mary (Karen) Abbott was found extensive enquiries would have been made to try and find the mother if only to ensure that she had recovered after the birth of the baby. Now 49 years later it is most unlikely  that any further evidence may come to light. The only chance is that the mother might decide to try and find out what had happened to her child. This has been known to happen. Anyhow I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

vamann

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 10:52:24 AM »
Have you tried Genes reunited, a friend of mine posted her family tree and her long lost Daughter made contact with her, may be worth a try.

Abt

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »
Sadly I don't think that your search will get answers to the mystery of Mary Abbott,
the birth details for her say mother unknown, there are 2 of them ,one the reregister for her adoption.
I take it she was given the name Mary Abbott by the authorities. because of where she was found
I see you have you have requested information on other websites which is a good idea because the mother
may not visit Birmingham forums although truthfully I think that too much time has elapsed for the mother to come forward now.

Spud

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
I have been following this very sad thread and I just wonder if The Salvation Army can help I know that they run a Family Tracing Service  which I believe is quite sucessful
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 04:36:35 PM »
Spud

To use any family tracing service you have to have a starting point. The only possible connection here is Abbotsford Rd and the possibility that someone knew Mary's mother. Though after nearly 50 years the possibility of that is very slim.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

TPT.50

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 06:35:00 AM »
DJC,     Not looking good but all the very best in your search,         Tony.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy