Author Topic: bus and tram  (Read 21150 times)

townie

Re: bus and tram
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 11:18:39 PM »
Stonehouse Lane Weoley Castle, but year no idea i'll have a guess 1950.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Michael M

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »
Rose's Cafe stood at the junction of Stonehouse Lane and Barnes Hill in California. Having passed through Harborne the number 12 bus would continue along Stonehouse Lane (to the right of the picture) to Bartley Green. Barnes Hill, the left fork at Rose's Cafe, leads to Weoley Castle. This was served by the number 22 bus, though I think that back in the 50s that service was called route 20.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 07:37:55 AM »
hi Michael M

welcome to the forum   it seems that was an easy one for you  you are spot on nice one ill have find a hard one  I take it you know that part of Birmingham  O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 08:12:51 AM »

just a small tad of colour   but the question is   where would  this tram be coming from  and what road is it joining ?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 09:46:24 AM »
Roy

The tram is coming out of Grove Lane onto Soho Rd in Handsworth.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »
spot on phil     

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 10:05:33 AM »

a nice and easy one      but the question is       where was this photo taken and where is the tram going

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 01:33:15 PM »
Roy

It looks very much to me that the tram is outside the entrance to the tram depot at Cotteridge on the Pershore Rd and it's final destination would be Watford Road. The tag on the DJ Norton Site where this photo originates is wrong as it says that it was taken on Watford Rd looking toward Pershore Rd.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 06:04:48 PM »
Roy

It looks very much to me that the tram is outside the entrance to the tram depot at Cotteridge on the Pershore Rd and it's final destination would be Watford Road. The tag on the DJ Norton Site where this photo originates is wrong as it says that it was taken on Watford Rd looking toward Pershore Rd.

The tag is correct.     The photographer is standing in Watford Road, looking towards Cotteridge depot and the tram, both of which are in Pershore Road   -   never argue with D J Norton! ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 06:59:58 PM »
As A great Admirer of Dennis Norton's work I would never argue with any of his images, and even though I believe most of them were tagged by his son Mark(?). You are correct in what you say Planetmalc, I didn't make it very clear what I was trying to say and that was that the tram was not in Watford Rd as might be mistakenly deduced from what was said with the text tag. Well that is what I took it to mean after all the tram is the subject of the image.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 08:37:05 PM »

ok try this one   where is it      what it says on the photo does not seem to ring true    what do you think       iv put just a tad of colour on this one

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy