Author Topic: bus and tram  (Read 21157 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: bus and tram
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »
sorry phil it did not come to mind   it has been over 60 years since I last went down that slop to the platforms on new street
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
Roy

Oddly enough I was on Grand Central Concourse the other week with  Astoness meeting Mikejee and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all it feels like a barn and it looks unfinished especially the ceiling. They haven't touched the platforms at all except for a lick of paint they are no different to what they were on the 60's.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »
Roy

They haven't touched the platforms at all except for a lick of paint they are no different to what they were on the 60's.

Now you know why I keep going on about it! ;D

Talk of some kind of magical transformation for the platform area was always nothing more than a 'come-on' to get the REAL project approved by Joe Public   -   the food & shops complex. ::)       The New Street Station platform area will ALWAYS look like a soulless concrete rabbit-warren unless they stop building over the top of it. >:(   
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2016, 05:32:12 PM »
PM

We didn't touch the shops and I've never yet been in the new Bull Ring complex, but I have to say after all the shouting about the Concourse area as I said I found it to be pretty poor and lacking any atmosphere. I much preferred the old area as it was.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy